Head of Analytics Gumtree UKLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0033689 Subsidiary Gumtree
Gumtree is the UK’s #1 classifieds website and app, used by 1 in 3 adults every month. With over 1.5 million ads live on the site at any time, it’s the perfect place to buy or sell second-hand goods and cars. You can also find ads for a wide range of jobs, properties to rent and buy, professional services, community events and more. 33% of the UK digital population use Gumtree every month, and the Gumtree smartphone app has been downloaded over 16 million times.
About the team
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
The eBay Classifieds Group is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
Does this sound like you?
Gumtree is part of the eBay Classified Group. Founded in London in 2000, Gumtree is today the UK’s leading classified site, with over 14.5m unique visitors every month and over 9.5m app downloads. The platform enables people to trade everything from cars to home items and find jobs, local services, community events and even somewhere to live.
This leadership role requires an individual who is passionate about data to objectively inform the Gumtree Leadership, product, sales and marketing teams and develop qualitative and quantitative insights that help drive the business.
As the lead of the UK analytics team, you will be proficient with data tools and sources, thrive on solving highly analytical problems. You are part of a global analytics community across all eBay businesses and work closely with your data engineering colleagues in Shanghai and other analytics teams in eBay’s Classifieds group.
- Structure complex and ambiguous questions related to customer and revenue initiatives. Use analytical skills to synthesize objective and actionable insights
- Identify improvement opportunities and validate success on business and analytical initiatives
- Conduct ad hoc business analyses and forecasts to inform in-market and CoE decisions
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the underlying analytical capabilities and tooling
- Develop a team of 6 highly skilled data & analytics professionals
- Connect with global peers to build on the global analytics community
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills in English; equally comfortable communicating with C level and entry level staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or other quantitative field
- 7 year track record (or equivalent) in using data to drive better business outcomes. Strong business partner experience
- Proficiency in at least one data querying language (SQL, Hive, etc), and experience in manipulating large data sets, interpreting data trends
- Ability to present findings and recommendations to key business partners
- Especially attentive to detail and embracing of teamwork
- Subject matter expert on customer behaviour. Seeing opportunities to improve our revenue and customer goals
- Customer focused; and is able to connect this to the business strategy and financially outcomes
- People-oriented; eager to build positive and productive relationships with a variety of partners and draw upon their skills when needed
- Experience applying statistics and models to drive better business outcomes
- Familiarity with BI tooling such as Tableau
- Hands-on experience with one scripting language (R, Python, Java, etc)
- This is an exciting time to join us and be a data driven business which is fast pace and dynamic, apply now.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Gumtree is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: