iOS Engineer - Gumtree UKLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0030069 Subsidiary Gumtree
About the team:
Classifieds is shaping the future of local commerce by bringing people together through an enriched online experience that allows them to reach out to the community around them. We are comprised of more than 1,000 people who are passionate for local trade and maintaining the customer-centric nature of the Group, while exploring growth opportunities in both the countries where eBay Classifieds Group already has a presence and in prospective markets.
Gumtree is the UK’s #1 classifieds website and app, used by 1 in 3 adults every month. With over 1.5 million ads live on the site at any time, it’s the perfect place to buy or sell second-hand goods and cars. You can also find ads for a wide range of jobs, properties to rent and buy, professional services, community events and more. 33% of the UK digital population use Gumtree every month, and the Gumtree smartphone app has been downloaded over 16 million times.
We are looking for an iOS Software Engineer who is passionate about creating apps consumers love. We are Gumtree UK, part of the eBay Classifieds Group, currently shipping category-winning iOS and Android apps to seven different countries with millions of active users. This is an amazing opportunity to join a world leader in mobile commerce and directly impact the lives of a global population while having fun, working on interesting and challenging projects.
- You will provide strong guidance and directly contribute with design, architecture, implementation and maintenance of our iOS apps.
- Interact directly with local and remote mobile client and server-side engineers, Product Management, Design and QA as part of a cohesive team.
- You will also participate in feature design, implementation and testing to ensure a high-quality product.
- Prototype and promote innovative mobile experiences that push the eBay Classifieds mobile platform capabilities.
- Inspire others with your real passion for mobile development.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge.
- Experience in shipping iOS applications.
- Experience as part of a team of developers.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Expert knowledge of Objective-C, Swift, and iOS development.
- First-rate design, coding and debugging skills.
- Ability to share what you know and bring the team to a higher level of technical performance.
- Familiarity with API design.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. You are comfortable in small and large groups and interacting with senior executives.
- Flexible problem solving ability. You operate as a consultant and find pragmatic solutions in a dynamic environment every single day with a strong product focus.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Gumtree is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: