Merchandiser – FMCG (6 months FTC)London, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0030034
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
The Fast Moving Consumer Goods Merchandiser is responsible for working with FMCG manufacturers to optimise and promote their ranges on eBay. You will:
- Use data to ensure the manufacturer’s range and pricing on the eBay platform is optimised for demand and conversion
- Work with focus brands / sellers to optimise their listings and other landing pages on eBay platform for conversion
- Manage an ongoing trade plan of promotions and deals within FMCG categories
- Activate and optimise marketing, merchandising and sponsored commerce placements to drive visibility for FMCG products
- Work with analytics and marketing teams to ensure marketing activity is targeted to correct segments
- Monitor performance of focus brands and categories and take actions to address opportunities or challenges as they present
- Sponsored Commerce
- eBay sellers (brands and 3rd parties)
- Planning & Analytics
- Category trading teams
- Buyer experience
- Category knowledge: Deep understanding of FMCG market dynamics and more specifically within the ecommerce channel what levers can be used to drive success
- Proven experience of exceptional sales/budget performance within retail or ecommerce environment. Able to calculate, manage and monitor KPIs
- Knows how to build compelling customer facing propositions through understanding of customer needs, pain points and opportunities
- Strategic & Analytical orientation: A keen strategic and analytical thinker with the knack of sifting through detail, and putting complex ideas into clear frameworks. Insists on proof in data, peeling back layers to understand root causes, and uses data to drive innovation and decisions.
- Persuasiveness/Influence: Track record of building effective trading relationships with clients/suppliers/brands to drive a joint focus on commercial outcomes. Ability to build long term, trusted and productive relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-start, operate with agility and navigate change
Success measures / KPIs:
- Sales of focus brands and categories
- Price competitiveness and range availability
- Proportion of range on promotion / sales from promotions
- Listing and delivery standards metrics for focus brands / sellers
- Return on investment of advertising spend
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
Please note: this is a 6 months FTC with an opportunity to be extended.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: