PR Manager UKLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0029777
PR Manager StubHub UK
The StubHub PR Manager UK works with the Head of Comms for EMEA to drive the strategy for the company’s public relations activities in the UK. This role will also work cross-functionally across comms stakeholders to develop relevant content. The role supports corporate communications, consumer comms project planning, targeting, story development and driving an agency’s success in placement across lifestyle and consumer media, internal communications as well as CSR.
With a strong focus on creating consumer content, assets and thought-leadership pieces that generate coverage, you are a skilled writer who excels at working across teams and functions, drawing information out of subject-matter experts, and identifying relevant trends. You take ownership of projects and work with the EMEA PR team and agencies to distribute that content.
The PR Manager is strategically minded and looking for opportunities to shape conversation in the music, theater and sports spaces and can advise the Head of Comms for EMEA on how we can strategically support all business verticals. The Manager has an eye for current trends and is skilled at consistently identifying story angles based on trending topics, editorial calendar opportunities and brand priorities. The strategist should always consider an omni-channel approach to storytelling and asset deployment. The assets have an authentic, distinctive and competitive voice and stresses creativity and quality. The role will oversee the development of content editorial calendars to work against and the efficient workflow and management of content development to meet deadlines and deliver timely stories, working in close collaboration with the International Head of Social Media. The Manager is also managing corporate communications and serves as spokesperson for StubHub UK. The Manager will oversee internal communications in close collaboration with the Head of Comms EMEA and coordinate all corporate volunteering and CSR activities for our operations in the UK.
This position is well-suited to an energetic and proactive individual who is able to function in a fast-paced organization. Experience working with entertainment, general news or lifestyle reporters is a plus, as is experience as a journalist or content producer. A keen understanding of both the entertainment, music and all major sports industries and teams is also beneficial.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic development and management of UK PR campaigns including communications planning, content development & execution related to our brand and business initiatives.
- Map and drive content strategy and annual content plan
- Develop, executes and delivers editorial content across all our channels, working closely with team (including social media manager, International internal communications manager, brand manager and marketing stakeholders) to achieve goals.
- Work with agency to develop and drive proactive pitches to drive StubHub brand exposure and awareness in consumer-related publications, specifically with pop culture and sports outlets
- Manages creative and content agencies or vendors to establish and coordinate content, ensure quality, creative and timely deliverables
- Build the strategic vision for content to drive comms efforts and manage the development, quality, creative and voice with internal stakeholders, agency and, at times, independently
- Work with the agency to respond to media inquiries, support agency strategy for managing relationships, clarifying company positions and building goodwill.
- On occasion, serve as a spokesperson for StubHub UK.
- Manages and innovates strategies for measuring communication effectiveness and outcomes.
- Identify and recommend new and innovative communication ideas.
- Identifies, recommends and manages innovative measurement tools
- Stays close to trends, informing content strategy on a regular basis
- Act as team stakeholder and strategist in cross-functional projects and business verticals
- Occasional travel to StubHub events in the U.S., Madrid or Berlin.
- Based in London
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant working experience in communications, an editorial content role, or media relations strategy, with a portfolio of work to show productions of self-developed content.
- Self-starter, independent and entrepreneurial
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Experience in an agency or experience leading an agency.
- Strong expertise in content strategy and able to lead editorial content campaigns.
- Experience crafting messaging for executives and liaising with C-suite executives.
- Experience acting in spokesperson capacity a plus
- Demonstrated project management skills including hands-on management, planning and execution
- Strong understanding of the public relations industry, and related knowledge of key trade publications, genre publications and local and national outlets
- Strong understanding of the role public relations and editorial content plays in marketing programs and supporting business needs/opportunities
- Strong understanding how to socialize and sell through ideas to internal stakeholders and cross functional teams
- Experience driving communications plans in cross-functional projects
- Creative minded and a fresh style of writing from a reader’s perspective.
- Previous experience and knowledge of the sports, e-commerce and entertainment landscape a plus
- Strong research and planning skills.
- Experience developing and managing innovative measurement tools
- Structured approach, eye for detail and ability to manage deadlines.
- Able to anticipate to ad hoc queries and requests.
- Strong Google Analytics, WordPress (or other CMS) and Adobe Acrobat/Illustrator skills.
- Excellent knowledge of digital best practices, the culture and language of the web, including SEO a plus
- Additional language skills (Spanish) are a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: