Pricing SpecialistLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0027800 Subsidiary Gumtree
The eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative global leader in online classifieds, with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
The eBay Classifieds Group is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun.
Please visit our website www.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com for more information.
THE BUSINESS UNIT: Gumtree UK
Gumtree is part of the eBay Classified Group. Founded in London in 2000, Gumtree is today the UK's leading classified site, with over 14.5m unique visitors every month and over 9.5m app downloads. The platform enables people to trade everything from cars to home items and find jobs, local services, community events and even somewhere to live.
Price is a key lever in Gumtree’s growth. In this role you will cover revenue in the form of listing and feature Fees, as well as jobs, property and services subscriptions, support when needed advertising revenue pricing and new business models. You will set the pricing policies partnering with the business. These decisions are some of the largest and most complex elements of Gumtree’s business strategy, driving financial performance (top and bottom line) and defining the relationships Gumtree has with its buyers and sellers, the firm’s largest source of competitive advantage.
Some of the key responsibilities you will have are as follows:
- Pricing strategy: Translate Gumtree’s financial plan into a strategy for pricing - analytically and qualitatively analyse the options Gumtree has to drive sales and revenue through pricing policies, from both an external competitive and internal/seller economics perspective. Develop and be responsible for the execution and implementation of new pricing strategies in close cooperation with Business Development, Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Finance and other partners.
- Pricing and revenue management: Optimize Gumtree’s business growth by evolving pricing terms intelligently and effectively hit sales and income financial commitments.
- How should Gumtree price differently for different categories of goods
- How can Gumtree use pricing as a commercial lever
- Continuously monitoring and assessing trends, strategies, methods and tools to ensure continuous improvement of Gumtree’s pricing function
- Monetisation: Develop new revenue streams with the business for Gumtree by providing attractive services to sellers, buyers and partners. Leading and implementing specific pricing projects
- Executive partner influencing: guide decision-making processes to put plans into action.
- Regional and global partnership: partner effectively with the eCG’s COE’s on Motors and Advertising and eBay to develop global initiatives and to build out tools & infrastructure
- Further defining and implementing pricing monitoring and processes
- Solid background in pricing, ideally in consulting, marketplaces or classifieds
- Excellent academic background, Master’s degree or similar
- Consistent track record of extraordinary performance, with the ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity in dynamic environments
- Fast apprehension, personal engagement, excellent logical, analytical and strategic skills
- Strong communication skills
- Great teammate, down-to-earth, pragmatic personality
- Ability to work highly independently, in a matrix organization
- Advanced proficiency in Excel; SQL knowledge is a plus
- Excellent English language skills
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: