Senior AnalystLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0028583 Subsidiary Gumtree
Our eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds with ten brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on trust.
Gumtree, part of eCG, is the UK’s leading classifieds site with over 14.5M unique visitors every month and over 9.5M app downloads. Founded in London in 2000, on Gumtree you can buy and sell everything from cars to home items and find jobs, local services, community events and even somewhere to live.
We're currently seeking a Senior Analyst to join our team in London (Richmond) to be responsible for the data analytics essential for Gumtree’s customer and commercial performance.
The role uses a data-driven approach to objectively inform the Gumtree Leadership, product, sales and marketing teams, by driving data decisions essential to hit or exceed business goals. It is key in the consolidation and integration of disparate data sources.
As a member of the analytics team, you will be proficient with data tools and sources, thrive on solving highly analytical problems and turn data into actionable insights. You are part of a global analytics community across all eBay entities and work closely with data engineering team in Shanghai and other analytics teams in eBay’s classifieds group.
Analysis & Insights
- Develop and communicate qualitative and quantitative insights that help drive the business
- Work hand in hand with the product development team, monetization teams and marketing to identify problems and solve them creatively
- Lead data and analytics projects with cross-functional teams
- Translate complex data and insights into concise and actionable recommendations
- Develop an understanding of customer and competitor dynamics by extracting information from a diverse array of sources
- Persuasively communicate insights and recommendations to the leadership team and across the broader organization
- Dive into detailed operational, product, and customer data as needed to uncover critical performance insights for our business and commercial ecosystem
Business Analytics, Data Acquisition & Management
- Leverage the full breadth of data sources and analytic resources
- Ensure reliable and consistent data capture and availability for all relevant data in line with global tracking and tagging standards
- Work with global teams to request development of dashboards and self-service analytics tools for business partners
- Act as a connector between local business teams and global analytics experts on use of analytics frameworks, tools, and processes
- Develop analytical models for user engagement, marketing effectiveness, revenue yield, pricing and product improvements
- Highly experienced in data architecture design and development.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related field
- Strong background in quantitative thinking and data analysis with a minimum of 5+ years in analytics space
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the online publisher business; including GDPR considerations, commercial drivers and competitor insight
- Experience manipulating large data sets and interpreting data trends
- Highly proficient working with SQL as a data querying language (e.g. Teradata, MySQL or HIVE)
- Familiarity with data modelling and statistics, A/B testing and customer segmentation
- Able to work using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools; working out of a data warehouse or from smaller imperfect datasets
- Familiarity with analytics, statistical & visualization tools e.g. Google Analytics 360, Tableau, Optimizely, R, Python, Microsoft Excel, etc.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: