Trading Intern - eBay ElectronicsLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0033269
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be supported in challenging convention, taking risks, and innovating? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are passionate about connecting buyers and sellers around the world and creating opportunities through commerce and technology. Our responsibilities include all aspects of eBay’s business in the EMEA region including eBay’s operations in major European markets -- UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain -- as well as driving growth in emerging markets such as Turkey.
The position sits within the eBay UK Trading and is part of the Electronics, Appliances and Home Entertainment team.
You will be an integral part of a highly motivated and driven team right at the heart of retail and e-commerce. In this role you will have a chance to experience the buzz of key retail moments like Black Friday. You will be highly analytical and comfortable using data to analyse category and seller performance to identify actionable opportunities to drive eBay's market share growth in key electronics and appliances categories. You will be focused on operationally supplying to specific projects that have been planned to deliver the vertical strategy. This will include identifying key seller groups, contacting specific seller cohorts to share information or to address specific opportunities that require consultation with each seller. Examples of this would be product category specific opportunities to work with sellers or working with sellers on the implications of eBay policy changes.
- Lead and maintain monthly market growth and market share dashboard.
- Generate insight and analysis on category performance vs market.
- Analyse brand performance and key challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders including the Merchandising teams to feedback insight, findings & future opportunities.
eBay Sellers support
- Providing large retailers sellers with data and insights, reviewing current performance and recommending optimization tasks.
- Analyzing seller performance data and making recommendations to Seller Growth team, based on insights.
- Attending operating meetings to share updates.
- Designing of further seller contact campaigns based on findings.
- Accompanying sales team to seller meetings.
Category/ program management
- Support key retail campaigns like iPhone launch, Back to school/ Back to Uni and Black Friday.
- Initiating contact with multiple sellers and structuring development plans.
- Designing the format used for recording seller responses using CRM.
- Reporting and sharing results of each activity within the business, both within the Seller Growth team and the wider business.
The role will provide you with the opportunity to understand the electronics and retail market and help deliver eBay for on par or ahead of market as well as to communicate with a broad section of eBay’s business sellers and use your initiative & problem solving skills to help both the sellers and eBay to grow.
- Confident with designing analysis and drawing insights from diverse data sets.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial acumen.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Highly focused & organised with strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter able to take the initiative.
- Able to operate smoothly in a highly dynamic context.
- Passionate standout colleague.
- Passion for the electronics industry and an understanding of the big trends driving the consumer electronics market - this should be shown in your cover letter and CV.
- You will be about to finish or have recently finished a university program preferably in data science, analytics or operations research.
- Experience of entrepreneurial behavior, especially buying or selling online would be favorable.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: