UK Marketing Intern: LoyaltyLondon, United Kingdom Requisition Number R0028615
MBA Intern - Marketing Loyalty
Looking for a company that champions passion, courage and inventiveness, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, engage, and give around the world? If you are looking to a join a purpose driven community, that is dedicated to building a forward-thinking and diverse environment, come to eBay – a company you will be proud to be a part of.
At eBay we’re passionate about connecting people with the things they love. As the world’s biggest online marketplace, we pride ourselves on technology-led innovation and want to help shape the future of commerce across the UK and the world.
We put our customers, buyers and sellers, at the centre of everything we do. We honour where we came from–we’re still about pre-loved items, but today, 83% of products on ebay.co.uk are new.
As a global brand our purpose is to create opportunities:
- For individual sellers, small businesses and large merchants worldwide
- For shoppers seeking value, selection and convenience
- For our people, who aspire to make the world better
We offer an outstanding culture and inspiring working environment and this is an exciting opportunity to build your marketing skills and experience at one of the most influential brands in the UK.
Starting in January for six months, this full time role will sit in the Performance & Loyalty Marketing team and will give the successful candidate a chance to shape and influence eBay UK’s longer term loyalty strategy. With approximately 23M people in the UK shopping on eBay every year, loyalty is a big part of our business.
- Support the eBay UK Customer Acquisition & retention lead on building out customer centric acquisition and retention plans in the business
- Partner with x-functional areas of the business (trading, shipping, customer service, as well as other groups within marketing) to execute those plans
- Track and run budget of those plans
- Identify areas for possible acquisition of new customers and build business cases for approval where required
- Partner with other loyalty/buyer stakeholders across Europe, share new ideas and insights from new campaigns
- Support the weekly performance storytelling by identifying week to week movements in buyer metrics and follow up with relevant partners on the drivers of those movements
- Strong analytical skills and curious nature – keen to understand the why and the how of trends
- Ability to tell a story with data and identify key trends in the numbers – articulate complex topics easily to a wide variety of audiences
- Organised and able to work quickly and function well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity in a large, global matrix organisation
- Excellent communication skills, ability to earn trust of stakeholders quickly
- Skilled in the use of excel, powerpoint and word
- Self-starter with plenty of initiative and drive
- Drives for results and demonstrates a can-do attitude
- Builds relationships and is a team player
- Customer-centric focus
- Ability to think innovatively and solve problems effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates flexibility and can effectively manage through a fast paced, fast changing environment
- Fun, hardworking, innovative, and personable
- Qualifications, knowledge & experience required.
- MBA student with prior experience in marketing – loyalty related preferred
- A six month internship in a great office environment
- Dynamic team with room for individuality, passion for e-commerce, professionalism and humour
- Varied and interesting tasks with high responsibility
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies, flexibility and rapid decision-making
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: