Business Technology LeadMadrid, Madrid Requisition Number R0031283 Subsidiary StubHub
POSITION: Business Technology Lead
ORGANIZATION: StubHub (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the North American ticket resale market in 2000, continues to lead it through innovation, and has now expanded into 48 Markets. The company's unique online marketplace provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally.
Our Mission – To Bring The Joy Of Live To Fans Globally
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
We are looking for a tech-savvy person who is happy to be our technology strategist within our New Business and Strategy department. This role will act as the strategic technology partner to multiple teams, helping to shape new ideas, and actively lead portfolio governance and prioritization activities. The role requires active engagement and partnership key partners and leadership to influence business strategy, while driving technology enablement of corresponding capabilities. We are looking for a leader that can combine technology expertise with knowledge of the ticketing/entertainment/e-commerce environment, to lead transformational change and accelerate business value.
You are a creative problem solver who consults with business partners to bring forth new ideas, challenge the norm, deliver innovation, shape demand and figure out how to best support the business through the effective use of technology. The individual will collaborate with senior leadership across teams internal and external stakeholders. He/she will promote innovation and seek out opportunities to enable business capabilities through the use of digital technologies.
The role will report into the Head of Strategy and New Revenue Streams.
Location: Madrid or Bilbao
- Collaborates with Strategy and business leaders/partners & external vendors/partners to define technology strategy & solutions that maximize business value and minimizing time to market.
- Manage prioritization of portfolio activities, projects and key persons across business functions.
- Understand external trends, customer demands & opportunities, competitors & partner with internal product and technology team when needed to bring new ideas into reality.
- Defines priorities for business and associated technology investments leveraging and effectively manages investments to deliver maximize value.
- Understands core internal tech stack and new technologies and approaches to drive business value.
- Decide and look for resources internally or externally to develop and execute an integrated business technology strategy for the company.
- Conduct ROI and other financial analysis to support project funding/prioritization.
- Respond to escalations as needed, connecting the dots and engaging appropriate stakeholders in order to resolve.
- Coordinate communications/activities with business partner community, agencies, & other external vendors
- Help business partners clarify, develop, and plan for their current and future technology needs.
- Support the definition of requirements, and how to best address them, considering the goals of the organization. Also, develop alternatives and provide recommendations for business case.
- Conceive and support the design of projects that may require integration across multiple technical platforms.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance requirements are met (e.g. Privacy, Security, Internet Compliance, etc).
Education, skills and experience
- BA/BS degree is required, preferably in Engineering, IT or Business.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant Business experience, technology leadership experience, with at least 3 years managing a technology operation/business unit or similar experience.
- Deep understanding of business drivers, processes and ability to relate priorities to investments in technology.
- Experience working with senior leaders, interacting across multiple levels of organization & working with globally dispersed teams.
- Knowledge of technology trends.
- Expertise driving adoption and finding new internal & external technology opportunities.
- Able to represent customers/users & can translate business process needs into technology solutions.
- Ability to influence and negotiate: understanding business value and solution needed to maximize technology impact while managing disparate stakeholder priorities and ambiguity.
- Experience delivering large scale/global projects from concept through delivery and operations.
- Ability to work at an abstract level and continuously “pivot” to arrive at the highest impact answer for the business and customers.
- Experience creating and evolving business capability roadmaps and technology investments.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology in solving business problems.
- Good communication and negotiating skills, with the ability to motivate in a collaborative environment.
- Able to create context around key business drivers and strategic plan, able to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Experience working and partnering with external technology vendors and service providers.
Affirmative action and equal opportunity employer
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely different backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unrivaled self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity and Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself