Head of LATAM CommunicationsMexico City, Mexico City Requisition Number R0021270 Subsidiary StubHub
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
POSITION: Head of LATAM Communcations
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people to inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
We are seeking a driven Senior Public Relations Manager to lead our LATAM Communications, leveraging the brand reputation of StubHub and creating a best-in-class PR strategy and executing on PR campaigns for key verticals. You will work closely with the Global Head of Communications and senior management of StubHub and act as an external spokesperson for StubHub.
The Head of LATAM Communications will be based in Mexico City.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
You are an experienced communicator and spokesperson, who excels in turning ad hoc issues into opportunities by using intellectual horsepower and strategic agility aligned with the vision and strategy of StubHub.
- You are responsible for reputation management by building and managing relations with key journalists, policy makers and other key stakeholders.
- Development of a concise PR strategy on a corporate level and advice on board level for both future strategies for StubHub and tactical issues.
- Ensure PR strategy is aligned with business initiatives and coordinated closely with marketing, partnerships and product teams, acting as a bridge to collaborate with teams across these functions on media strategy, events, social media initiatives and more.
- Increase impact and ROI of PR by translating PR strategy into brand activation campaigns with measurable goals.
- Responsible for press releases, Q&As, messaging, coordinating brand/programming activities including presentation and media events.
- Identify relevant industry events and conferences to increase visibility, and identify appropriate speaking opportunities to define the company's leadership in this area.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10 + years communications experience required.
- Multilanguage skills
- University degree, preferably in communications- or marketing-related discipline.
- Experience leading LATAM teams and managing LATAM PR campaigns
- History working with government stakeholders across LATAM
- Crisis communications expertise
- Experience serving as company spokesperson and training senior officials as company spokespersons.
- Experience developing and implementing internal communications campaigns
- Ability to manage budgets effectively
- Very strong written and positioning skills for all materials, including business communications.
- Demonstrated hands-on management, planning, and execution and ability to meet deadlines under time pressure.
- Depth of knowledge of the online media space and a passion for sports and music.
- Strong interpersonal skills a must.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in developing and delivering business presentations.
- Flexible and adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself