Head of VerticalsMilan, Lombardy Requisition Number R0015575 Subsidiary Kijiji
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Classifieds Group is a creative worldwide leader in online classifieds, a global collection of local brands that aim to create connected commerce, enabled by people, supported by technology and open for everyone. In Italy, we operate two brands: Kijiji and Automobile.it.
As the Head of Verticals, you will be accountable for defining and leading the execution of the go-to-market strategy for all categories, with a focus on Automotive (currently the main growth platform for the Italian business), Jobs and Real Estate. Through effective leadership, you will ensure stability, consolidation of the brand, revenue growth and competitive positioning; reached through clear mentorship and co-ordination of all functions.
Reporting to the General Manager of eBay Classifieds Group Italy, you will be a key member of the Management Team. Within the Management Team, we are responsible for defining the overall vision, strategy, structure and culture for the company to ensure its long-term success.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Develop an understanding of online classifieds verticals, mainly for Automotive, Jobs and Real Estate
- Shape the business strategy for each vertical, identifying new sales and revenue opportunities through innovation and continuous improvement (i.e. pricing, business development, partnerships, product, use of technology)
- Drive business strategy implementation, leading new initiatives that capitalize on new market opportunities or technical developments and effectively runs execution
- Work closely with the rest of the leadership team, providing them with insights and strategic guidance on the focus of their efforts on each vertical while monitoring and adjusting the go to market strategy according to the results
- Foster an open collaborative approach that uses best practice within the company
- Inspire teams, leading them to the delivery of financial targets.
- Solid experience with international companies, possibly leaders in the Digital Arena, ideally gained within an environment characterized by substantial operations/production (i.e. not 100% sales/commercial activity)
- Experience in Management Consulting highly preferred
- An experience in the Classifieds industry and/or Online Marketplace would be advantageous
- Category Management expertise, ideally in an on-line business
- Consistent record of achievement in delivering results exceeding set targets
- Consistent record as an effective team builder
- Ability to manage different partners at different levels within the Organization
- Demonstrated capability to work autonomously and run a wide variety of projects at a time and under tight deadlines
- Availability for short transfers and travelling on national territory and abroad
- Strategic ability, to formulate a well-thought-through plan, which takes into account various scenarios, dynamics and the availability of resources.
- Natural attitude to deal with General Management subjects and big picture perspective
- Leadership ability, to envision and articulate a compelling future for the business, to persuade both other colleagues and the wider organization of the importance of the business
- A ‘can-do’ attitude, with strong focus on execution thanks to a hands-on approach
- Risk taking attitude
- Passion for technology and innovation
- Excellent people management skills: flexible teammate and leader; able to co-ordinate and lead in a non-hierarchical, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Fluent in English – both written and spoken
- Engineering, Business Administration Degree or similar
- MBA advantageous
View our accessibility infoR0015575
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.