Marketing Director for Italy and SpainMilan, Italy Requisition Number R0024868 Subsidiary eBay
PrimaryJobResponsibilities: being responsible for marketing performance, strategy and planning of the region, with a focus in performance marketing channels.
The person reports to the Italian and Spanish GM and will lead a team based in Spain, Italy and Zurich supporting him/her in the execution. She or he will be joining the SEU (Southern Europe) Leadership Team and will have strategic as well as executional responsibilities.
You should have a rounded experience working in different marketing areas (online, brand, verticals…) with a deep knowledge on performance marketing.
You will be responsible of traffic and active buyer’s objectives and will play a key role for eBay customer growth and engagement.
Your scope of marketing activities:
- Performance marketing: Follow-up the performance of each channel (SEM, ePN, CRM…) and make sure that investment execution is done according to the region priorities and instructions.
- Support to strategic trading campaigns: Lead the planning and execution of marketing support to trading promotional campaigns, including on and off-eBay marketing investment.
- Support to strategic verticals/categories development: Lead the planning and execution of marketing support to the development of specific verticals and categories (according to the priorities of the region), including on and off-eBay marketing investment.
- Active buyers development:
- Demonstrate strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to- end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Design new and creative strategies for growing active buyer base.
- Integrate the different marketing activities described above into a comprehensive plan to increase the number and quality of active buyers.
- Assign marketing investment to the different areas above.
- Follow-up with the Finance team of the region on budget use and over/under spend management.
- Negotiate additional budget requests with different areas of the business.
- Monitor marketing investment performance in different channels and actions, and apply insights in future budgeting planning: Identify key opportunities and prioritize and place bets on the marketing initiatives that will craft the most positive impact.
- Monitor competitor’s activity in all the marketing activities described above and apply insights to future marketing budgeting and planning.
- Brand and consideration:
- Adapt and implement the global brand strategy to the region.
- Design and develop the brand and consideration marketing plan, and foresee its implementation.
- Monitor and optimize online brand reputation.
- Coordinate with PR and Business Development teams when needed.
- MBA / M.Sc. from Top-notch engineering, mathematics or business schools.
- 15+ years of marketing experience with demonstrated career progression, including online marketing with a leading retailer, marketplace or major consumer brand
- Track record of achieving offensive marketing and customer goals through the use of analytics and data.
- Strong preference will be given to you with depth of experience in performance marketing and online marketing within an ecommerce and/or marketplace environment.
- Experience in strategy development and annual & quarterly planning, with shown success translating customer research and analytics into impactful results.
- Confirmed experience crafting, launching, and optimizing sophisticated multi-channel consumer marketing campaigns with accountability over multimillion-dollar marketing budgets.
- Outstanding organizational dexterity: ability to engage key partners and build consensus across multiple business groups at all levels.
- Experience managing agencies is helpful (creative, media planning & buying)
- Exceptional oral, written, and presentation skills both in English and Italian (also in Spanish would be a plus).
- Strong experience leading high performing cross-functional teams; from building, hiring, training, mentoring, developing, and change management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: