Category ManagerMumbai, India Requisition Number R0029434
Looking for a company that champions passion, courage and inventiveness, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to craft how millions of people buy, sell, engage, and give around the world? If you’re passionate about joining our purpose driven community, that is dedicated to building a forward-thinking and diverse environment, come to eBay – a company you will be proud to be a part of.
Like to shake things up? We do!
eBay hires innovators who can push boundaries and change the world.
About the team:
eBay India is a small team with a fast-paced work environment and entrepreneurial approach. We are setting up new business grounds up and reestablishing eBay in India
eBay is looking for dynamic, customer focused, data driven, result oriented, people and business leader to grow one of the categories. The Category Manager, has end-to-end P&L responsibility for category and will be responsible for defining long-term strategic plans, driving day-to-day operational improvement, building and growing strategic relationships with sellers and external partners, and building a high performing team.
Ideal Category Manager ought to be passionate and obsessed about delivering enhanced, extraordinary experience for customers in their category.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Innovate and continuously raise the bar on the experience.
- Focus on understanding needs, solving for problem areas, behaviors and preferences of customers in allocated category, and inventing new delightful experiences on their behalf.
- Deep dive and analyze and reflect on customer behavior data, diligently read daily customer feedback, ratings and defect rates.
- Continuously improve the value eBay provides to its seller base.
- You shall work on diverse initiatives ranging from website feature improvements, driving adoption of seller services, selection acquisition planning, channel mix planning, catalog quality improvement, seller performance management, and more.
- You shall evangelize the strategic vision across these teams, defining shared goals, enabling mechanisms to drive cross-functional initiatives, and delivering strong and consistent results.
- You shall be monitoring and reporting on the performance and growth of their categories on a weekly and monthly basis with all important stakeholders.
- You shall review growth plans, progress and any changes in strategic direction with senior leadership at a regular interval.
Category Manager is the business unit head of category. You should have committed data driven decision-making, excellent business judgment, the ability to plan and prioritize, ability to encourage and lead cross-functional initiatives and teams, extraordinary verbal and written communication skills, and strong first principles (common sense).
What we Offer
- A great atmosphere and open company culture
- The complete autonomy to own your role
- The ability to feel that you are working in a startup environment but having the benefits of a MNC
- Post-Graduation required, Top tier MBA preferred
- 6+ years of experience, Experience in Online consumer products industries, category management preferred
- Proficient in Excel and Access, or similar database
- Consistent track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong Analytical skills and highly comfortable with numbers
- Extraordinary social and interpersonal skills, including strong writing and speaking skills
- Excellent relationship builder with strong positive attitude
- Ability to both plan and execute
- Challenge and negotiate with partners where required while maintaining positive relationships
- Work within a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities.
- Capable of excelling in a changing environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: