Senior User Experience DesignerNew York, New York
San Jose, California Requisition Number R0028700 Subsidiary eBay
Sr. UX Designer
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
With more than 170 million buyers and 25 million sellers globally, and a billion active items listed for sale at any given time, eBay is the world's largest online marketplace where practically anyone can buy and sell practically anything. Our collective impact on e-commerce is staggering: In 2016, the total value of goods sold on eBay was more than $84 billion -- more than $2,600 every second. We believe that we can build a better form of commerce that is enabled by people, supported by technology, and open to everyone – creating more opportunity for all.
The Buyer Experience Design Team is actively seeking a talented and ambitious designer to join us in our mission of crafting experiences that enable our customers to find their “perfect” on eBay. As a Senior Designer, your job will be to design elegant and simple interfaces that solve complex interaction problems, using our ever-evolving design system as your baseline. You will be expected to have strong user experience design skills underpinned by strong visual design skills. Most of all, you will seek to understand our users.
As a Senior UX Designer at eBay, you will:
- Work together with our Brand Systems team, Platforms team, and other Product teams to design solutions for our merchandising practice, giving life to both algorithmically generated and human curated product recommendations
- Be a key partner in shaping our products by channeling the voice of the user, envisioning initial concepts, proactively iterating upon task flows, wireframes, and mock ups based upon user feedback, and working closely with developers to ensure your designs are faithfully carried out and implemented.
- Partner closely with researchers, content strategists, product managers, engineers, and designers from across the company to understand user behavior both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Articulate and sell your design solutions to other designers, product stakeholders, management and executives.
- Present your work and have your voice heard in weekly design reviews.
- Deliver wireframes, mocks and/or prototypes for new user interfaces and interactions.
- Actively participate in shaping testing protocols to test your work in our live experiences.
- Work with a team of world class product designers who love getting into the details, solving hard problems and have a great time doing it.
- Self-starter and take a proactive stance toward achieving success on your projects
- Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills –build positive working relationships with team members, have a good sense of humor, and a positive outlook on things
- BS in HCI, Cognitive Science, User Centered Design, Fine Arts or other related field; 8 + years related experience (or Masters and 6 + years related experience or PhD and 4+ years of experience)
- This team is very data driven. Candidate should have experience and interest in data driven design.
- Commerce experience a plus
- Ability to confidently speak about your design solutions, addressing tradeoffs, and how you are reconciling technical, policy and business constraints
- A deep connection to who your users are, their needs and pain points. Your designs are framed around customer problems and opportunities
- Ability to balance the customer experience with business requirements and considerations
- Technical savvy to work closely with developers, understanding their technical capabilities and constraints
- Excellent hands on design skills – be able to create organized information architecture maps, demonstrate knowledge of UCD methodology, and visualize your designs under a tight schedule through storyboards, wireframes, task flows, and prototypes to meet each stage of development
- Experience in designing across platforms and devices
- Have basic sketching skills for rapidly iterating collaboratively
- Adept at using Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Keynote or any number of tools to get your ideas across
- Must be able to prototype using Principle, Invision, Framer or other appropriate software to effectively communicate design concepts
- Be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must include link to an up to date, online portfolio in order to be considered
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: