Design Lead (Incubation Team)Portland, Oregon
Bellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0039385 Subsidiary eBay
Location: Seattle, Portland or San Jose
Join the design team looking around corners and crafting the future of ebay.
- Are relentlessly inventive - You are constantly seeing and defining customer problems and solving them in new and innovative ways
- Are relentlessly customer focused - always digging deeper on personae definitions, research, data and customer motivations to drive your work
- Are a product owner disguised as a designer - is there a line between product and design? If so, you’re not aware of it and operate in whatever way it takes to make things happen
- Have a deep technical understanding - you may or may not be able to build the thing yourself, but you have a good understanding of how it will be developed, work closely with your dev partners and can strategically weigh the options to provide the best solution for the customer given the constraints
- Are unconstrained by role and org - you build strong partnerships and gravitate towards people with big ideas and teams to collaborate with
- Are hands on - you live to get into the details, know the design and prototyping tools deeply and work quickly to express ideas at a level that could be shippable immediately
- Can work autonomously and also lead a team and work with vendors - there are many ways of working within this team
- Know that a good idea is a good idea no matter where it comes from and are fine throwing away ideas that don't pan out
- Never miss a WWDC or Google I/O - you mouthwateringly watch new product reveals and your mind races with possibilities for your experiences
- Ship and iterate - your portfolio is the last app you shipped and you have a plan for what needs to happen next to better the experience
- Love a good whiteboarding session - generating ideas and thinking about how they become extraordinary products real-time with cross functional partners is the highlight of your week
- Can influence up and out and direct down - it takes a village to create great products and you know how to get the ducks in a row
- The Design Incubation Team fosters customer centered product ideas with an emphasis on new and emerging tech that will enhance the customer’s experience and open up new business opportunities for ebay. This is the team that gives ideas the oxygen and runway to develop, looks around the corners, and helps the broader organization understand what’s coming.
- We’re a tight-knit high-performing remote-working team that builds influence and ships outsized solutions
- We’re well positioned within the org and have the hard earned authority, sway and connections to enable and ship ideas of all sizes
- Proven understanding of full end-to-end, user-centered design processes, techniques, and deliverables
- Expert at modern design and prototyping tools and has a POV on which is the best and why
- An online portfolio showcasing your best work or better yet, live examples in the wild and a detailed description of your role and impact
- At least 5 years of professional experience producing visual design, interaction design, and user interface design, with significant mobile experience
Design at eBay
We believe in design as a force for good: Our vision for commerce is one that is enabled by people, powered by technology, and fully inclusive. While we're crafting experiences used by millions, our goal is to empower each and every person to grow and thrive. Our work style places people and culture over process. Here, design has a seat at the table and helps drive new ideas forward.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: