Director, Business Development & GrowthSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0029136 Subsidiary StubHub
Director, Business Development and Growth
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s mission is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We are the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
We are seeking a business development leader to head up our efforts to establish strategic partnerships that focus on bottom funnel growth through adjacencies and ancillary revenue opportunities.
The Director of Cart Growth Business Development will be based in San Francisco, CA and will report into the Head of Global Growth & Operations.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and manage a portfolio of business development partnerships with companies in commerce (including merchandise, ticketing, etc.), events, and mobile services industries.
- Own all aspects of partnership deals, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, due diligence and closing & integration activities.
- Lead sourcing of corporate development deals in the North America region
- Lead the execution of distributed commerce partnerships across the organization.
- Coordinate across cross-functional teams within StubHub as well as serve as a primary point of contact with key prospects and partners for North American commerce and distribution.
- Lead the Strategic Growth team.
- Leverage senior executive relationships to uncover strategic opportunities and alliances that extend StubHub’s businesses into new revenue streams.
- Develop economic models and targets for revenue share as well as fee-based solutions
- Set priority and sequencing for key deals
- Drive and articulate StubHub’s positioning with key external strategic partners
- Build and develop a high-performing team that competes and wins together
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of business development experience in an consumer-related Internet company with a strong preference towards someone with experience in sports, entertainment, music or ecommerce
- Master’s degree in business or relevant field preferred
- Experience in executing strategic partnerships with commerce businesses, mobile platforms, and other technology platforms.
- Experience structuring deals with venture funded startups as well as top media companies
- Blend of analytical intelligence and creative vision
- Experience negotiating and closing deals globally
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to craft agreements that maximize ROI
- Acute understanding of the scope, size and connection between digital goods monetization strategies
- Strong network of relationships within digital goods including book publishers, music publishers, video publishers, game publishers, and mobile platforms.
- Experience managing team of business development directors and managers
- Experience in both larger companies and startups is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit with relentless drive
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself