Director, Global Head of SEOSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0028209 Subsidiary StubHub
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people to inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
- Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
Director, Global Head of Organic Search (SEO) is a leadership role responsible for sizeable revenue for company and is pivotal to the growth marketing. The position requires strategic mindset, operational powerhouse and finesse to engage with very senior stakeholders, including CxO team. We are looking for a candidate with a global mindset who aspires consistency in process but also open to a custom execution model based on local business need - for example what to execute in-house and when to partner with an agency. Full transparency, this is a fast pace role with a very high bar for SEO & digital expertise. We geek out over numbers and are looking for a likeminded leader who is equally excited about marketing funnel analysis as SuperBowl touchdowns!
We have a team of passionate experts and are looking for an experienced team leader to build the team and attract SEO experts. The leader must have the passion for individual coaching and mentorship and creating a culture of mutual support, innovation, and analytical rigor. Additionally, passion for sports and/or concerts and an understanding of what it means to be a fan is key.
This is a unique opportunity to play a leadership role in driving a comprehensive and innovative SEO program for a large ecommerce marketplace. The role requires both day to day management and broader strategies, innovation, and programs including onsite optimization, product initiatives, cross functional collaboration engaging content development and analysis and reporting. This position reports directly into the Sr. Director of Performance Marketing and has global ownership of SEO.
So if you are a business athlete with strong digital prowess, ready to roll-up-your-sleeves and your team loves you, we’d love to hear from you.
LOCATION: Director, Global Head of Organic Search (SEO) based in San Francisco, CA
Own and drive a revenue & profitability for Organic Search driven ecommerce with defined growth targets via up-leveling the SEO content, tech and link strategy globally. As a senior leader of the team, you will:
- Directly manage a large team of (sr.) managers and SEO subject matter experts to hit monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
- Be fiercely competitive and engender a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity for how we continue to outperform the competition in SEO, and drive stakeholders in analytics and engineering to deliver the required data and tools to do our job effectively.
- Understand how changes in competition and the dynamic event landscape impact campaign performance, and build scalable automated solutions to stay ahead of the trend.
- Respond to rapid changes in the event landscape and marketplace to capture potential performance opportunities for Organic search
- Nimbly manage and measure performance across keyword targets, but execute ad hoc strategic campaigns with separate goals and budgets as the landscape shifts
- Establish the innovation mindset and always-on experimentation including new page development, a/b test on-page optimization, schemas, etc.
- Lead engagement related to automation, tagging, and data integrity with cross functional stakeholders in Engineering and Analytics. Highlight technical pitfalls and become the driving force behind building a reliable foundation of SEO tech (e.g., structured data, schema markup) and process that will scale globally
Analysis & Insights
- Set clear KPIs and drive team culture of accountability and rigor towards business impact across
- Identify trends and opportunities to drive higher rankings and search coverage. In addition, conducting regular audits to evolve and advance SEO tech & content.
- 10-15 years of relevant digital marketing experience, with active / hands-on experience in Organic Search
- Seasoned manager of high-performance digital marketing teams, with experience building collaborative and high-achieving teams and coaching/growing team members
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with previous experience structuring and performing complex analysis in the digital marketing space to drive efficient grown
- Proven track record of leading a large global team to achieve step-change improvements while working collaboratively with team members from all levels; experience leading agile teams a plus
- Powerful communicator with ability to engage and influence senior management
- Deep understanding of SEO and market dynamics driving rank and visits
- Familiarity with core performance marketing platforms and other marketing analytics tools, including any of: Google Search Console, Adobe Analytics (aka Omniture) & broader Adobe Marketing Cloud, SalesForce Marketing Cloud
- Passion for live events - sports/concert/entertainment enthusiast a plus
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
StubHub is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View our accessibility info
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself