Director, Global Marketing - FinanceSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0028038 Subsidiary StubHub
StubHub, an eBay company, is the world’s leading online tickets secondary marketplace providing fans a safe, convenient place to get tickets to the games, concerts, and theater shows they want to see, and an easy way to sell their tickets when they can't go.
To strengthen our StubHub Finance team, we are seeking a world-class finance professional to support our Marketing organization. This key leadership role within Finance, as well as within the Marketing organization, will be expected to provide insights and recommendations for the strategic direction of Marketing at the Company, provide business leadership with insightful analysis to evaluate business performance and enable strategic decision making. Additionally, this role will be responsible for developing and leading all planning, forecasting and reporting processes at StubHub related to Marketing.
This role offers the chosen candidate a unique opportunity to learn about StubHub and the Live-event industry, impact the future direction of the business and develop relationships with finance and business leaders across StubHub & eBay Inc.
The role is based in StubHub’s San Francisco headquarters and will report directly to the CFO of StubHub but will also sit on the CMO’s Marketing Leadership Team.
- Partner with the Marketing Leadership team to understand the dynamics of their strategies and provide accurate and insightful financial analysis to enable key strategic decisions.
- Manage the spend and headcount plans and help guide investment decisions
- Support long-term strategic planning process; create clear financial models, forecasts and communications for the business.
- Coordinate with other finance organizations (e.g., accounting, FP&A and analytics) to ensure alignment.
- Communicate the risks, opportunities and drivers of forecast variances in an insightful, proactive way to facilitate timely and informed decision making.
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity.
- Successful candidates must have a proven track record of working effectively with senior business and finance leaders, showing confidence, interpersonal awareness, and poise.
- Highly analytical, strategic, and detail-oriented, with a commitment to excellence and a passion for understanding the business.
- High energy and superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Superior communication skills – verbal, written & presentation skills. Ability to transition seamlessly from complex analyses to simple/precise business implications.
- Strong candidates will see themselves as business drivers who expect to be accountable for business, financial and metric goals and will thrive by demonstrating the creativity, agility and business partnership that is required to achieve them.
- A global mindset and ability to work effectively with people and teams from various cultures and time zones.
- Ability to identify and take on critical projects, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic/changing environment.
- Possessing good judgment and mature decision-making skills. Diplomatic yet assertive, with an ability to push back when needed and to know when to follow up with others.
- Hands-on, resourceful and a doer. Able to work autonomously but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team.
- Highly developed ability to receive and give feedback as well as to set priorities in a complex team and work environment given the global nature of the role.
- Having a personality that people warm to and a sense of humor built on a foundation of personal integrity, humility and an appreciation for the power of team-work.
- Successful candidates will likely be passionate fans of live entertainment.
Desired skills & experiences:
- 12+ years of increasing responsibility in finance leadership roles with a bias towards Marketing desired, however not critical.
- Ideal candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/economics from a top tier university combined with an impressive track record.
- A multi-national company background from an organization with a highly regarded finance team is important. The ideal candidate will however combine experience in a larger company with experience in a smaller, more nimble organization with broad exposure.
- Expertise in financial modeling and presentation; investment banking experience is a plus
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself