Finance Manager Customer ExperienceSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0028107 Subsidiary StubHub
StubHub Global Customer Experience Finance Manager
StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY) StubHub’s purpose is to connect people to inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next.
As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience.
StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter , Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub. OUR VALUES StubHub One We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences. At StubHub, we are: Driven We strive for excellence constantly improving our game Courageous We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo Inventive We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths Richly Diverse We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual Brand We experience the world through StubHub.
To oversee finance efforts in support of StubHub Global Customer Experience. This position reports in to the Sr. Finance Manager, Global Functions, and will work closely with the Customer Experience, Analytics, Accounting and FP&A teams. The candidate will be responsible for leading processes around budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling and reporting. This role offers a unique opportunity to learn more about StubHub and the Customer Support functions within the business, and partner with the leadership team to drive efficiencies and initiatives that support a fan first experience.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking someone who will offer strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities and a collaborative working style.
- Lead the coordination, organization, and execution of finance activities for the Global Customer Experience Team, including budgeting, forecasting, month end close, financial reporting, and business case development
- StubHub initial point of contact for all finance related Customer Service based inquiries
- Analyze expenses and make recommend efficiencies for consideration by the Leadership Team
- Assisting WFM team in Transactional & Contact Rate modeling and flowing through volume impacts to monthly forecasts
- Aligning with and helping drive CE key initiatives and metrics
- Simplify current reporting/forecasting techniques and providing value add insights and commentary for management and leadership
- Track actuals throughout the month vs. forecast for key KPIs
- Ensure forecasts are aligned with the variable nature of the event landscape - tracking/variance analysis/reforesting throughout the month is essential
- Communicate the risks, opportunities and drivers of forecast variances, both internally and to eBay Marketplace, in an insightful way to facilitate timely and informed decision making
- Perform ROI analysis for new projects, ideas or initiatives
- Manage the teams’ headcount plans and help guide investment decisions
- Collaborate with all aspects of finance (controllership, FP&A, analytics) throughout the monthly close to ensure accuracy of financials and provide detailed variance analyses
- Provide direct support, including various ad hoc requests to key leadership across Global CE including the internal Call Centers, Strategy & Design, Operations, Work Force Management, Outsource and Training & Quality teams
- Partner with and support the wider Customer Experience Org and it’s key strategies and KPI’s
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in finance/FP&A with progressively increasing responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- An excel guru with extensive familiarity with PowerPoint
- Expertise in financial modeling and presentation, ticketing or sports industry experience is a plus
- Experience with a complex financial system is beneficial
- Highly motivated team member who easily cultivates effective relationships with senior executives and staff throughout the company; excellent interpersonal skills and judgement required
- Excellent planning and time management skills; experience in optimizing processes/workflows
- Superb attention to detail
- Passion for understanding and serving the StubHub community
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself