Finance Manager - Music and TheaterSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0030068 Subsidiary StubHub
POSITION: Finance Manager, Music and Theater
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people to inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
Did you track your Coachella expenses in a color-coded spreadsheet? Do you have strong opinions on why Dear Evan Hansen is better than Hamilton? Do you still wear wristbands from festivals you went to last summer? Then this role could be for you…
The Finance Manager will be responsible for all financial processes related to Music and Theater. This role will be responsible for managing the entire vertical’s P&L and support all processes related to budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, reporting and driving operational excellence. This individual will be responsible for working with all of the business partners across the vertical, including marketing, partnerships, analytics, etc.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the monthly forecast and track actuals for the Music and Theater P&L from Sales Down to Operating Income. Unlike most businesses, our sales can be highly variable due to the landscape of events, so tracking/variance analysis/reforecasting throughout the month is essential
- Collaborate with several different business partners within the vertical (General Manager, partnerships, marketing, analytics, and pricing) to develop long-term strategic plans
- Produce models for ongoing and potential partnerships deals for the Music and Theater vertical
- Run ad hoc analysis on Music and Theater landscape
- Collaborate with all aspects of finance throughout the monthly close to ensure accuracy of financials and provide detailed variance analyses
- Communicate the risks, opportunities and drivers of forecast variances, both internally and to eBay Marketplace, in an insightful way to facilitate timely and informed decision making
- Drive operational excellence through standardization and simplification of processes
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Passionate about Music and Theater.
- An excel guru with extensive familiarity with PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelors or equivalent; MBA preferred
- 6+ years of experience in finance
- Expertise in financial modeling and presentation, ticketing or sports industry experience is a plus
- Passion for understanding and serving the StubHub community
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself