Global Head of Strategy, StubHubSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0018149 Subsidiary StubHub
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAW:EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people to inspiring event experiences. StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
StubHub, an eBay company, is the world’s leading online tickets marketplace providing fans a safe, convenient place to get tickets to the games, concerts, and theater shows they want to see, and an easy way to sell their tickets when they can't go.
To strengthen the President’s leadership team, we are seeking a world-class individual to lead strategy at StubHub. This role is responsible for strategy formulation & execution activities for StubHub. The role interacts, influences and has a significant impact on the StubHub executive leadership team.
This role offers the chosen candidate a unique opportunity to lead Strategy for an innovative, established eCommerce marketplace with decisions impacting the future direction of StubHub and develop relationships with business leaders across eBay Inc.
The role requires an understanding of the industry, influencers, companies, and trends in sports, media, entertainment, music and technology. The ideal candidate will be able to leverage relationships in these industries to draw competitive insights, recognize new opportunities, and disrupt the status quo.
The Head of Corporate Strategy will report into the President of StubHub and will be based in San Francisco, CA
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop & lead the formulation & evolution of StubHub’s strategy by collaborating with the business executive team to identify & execute on the businesses long-term goals. Lead the evolution of select topics such as Competitive Advantage, International expansion, Event discovery, Event ticketing, and Adjacency Business Execution.
- Actively monitor competitive and industry landscape highlighting potential risks and opportunities
- Collaborate with Head of Corporate Development on opportunities for acquisitions, joint ventures and M&A
- Support and advise President, and regional General Managers as directed, on evaluating growth opportunities, competitive threats and developing new lines of business
- Support and advise regional business development and partnership leaders to drive growth, optimize partnerships, and create new opportunities to expand the business
- Partner with Product Leadership to lead StubHub’s annual product planning exercise balancing short & term long goals.
- Partner cross functionally with business leaders at StubHub to support various internal consulting projects.
- Coordinate with eBay strategy team, and leverage corporate assets for scale
- Support the StubHub executive leadership team in the assessment and communication of business performance, trends and strategic tradeoffs to the business and other stakeholders
- Recruit, manage and develop a highly skilled team of strategists & business development experts while providing a strong leadership presence across StubHub.
- Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity.
- Proven track-record working effectively with senior, mid-level and junior colleagues to drive results across a broad organization and diverse set of businesses. Successful candidates must have the confidence, interpersonal awareness, and poise to work effectively with business and finance leaders, internally and externally.
- Self-starter and motivated to drive business outcomes
- Highly analytical, strategic, and detail-oriented, with a commitment to excellence and a passion for understanding the business
- High energy and superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Superior communication skills – verbal, written & presentation skills. Ability to transition seamlessly from complex analyses to simple/precise business implications
- A global mindset and ability to work effectively with people and teams from various cultures and time zones
- Ability to identify and take on critical projects, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic/changing environment
- Possessing good judgment and mature decision-making skills. Diplomatic yet assertive, with an ability to push back when needed and to know when to follow up with others.
- Hands-on, resourceful and a doer. Able to work autonomously but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team.
- Having a personality that people warm to and a sense of humor built on a foundation of personal integrity, humility and an appreciation for the power of team-work
- Successful candidates will likely be passionate fans of live entertainment
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible experience in finance leadership roles with a bias towards quantitative analysis.
- Minimum of 8 years progressive people management experience.
- Ideal candidates will possess an MBA or other relevant advanced degree from a top tier school
- Interest /experience in consumer internet: specifically ecommerce, ticketing, social networks
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
View our accessibility infoR0018149
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.