Head of Emerging Markets FP&ASan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0027720 Subsidiary eBay Classifieds Group
About the Company
eBay Classifieds Group is a part of eBay Inc. and is an innovative leader in online classifieds with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities – whether it’s an apartment, a sofa, a car, a job, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they are fun, easy to use and built on trust.
Our Emerging Markets businesses form a core part of our Global Growth Business Unit, which is a portfolio of businesses in the US, Mexico, South Africa, Argentina and Poland.
About the Role
The Head of Emerging Markets FP&A will lead financial planning, forecasting and reporting, provide financial and strategic insights and partner closely with the leadership team to help grow and develop the business. The role will have full responsibility for Emerging Markets FP&A as well as central finance oversight for the broader Global Growth Business Unit portfolio. The position is based in San Francisco and reports to the CFO for the eBay Classifieds Global Growth Business Unit.
- Lead financial planning, forecasting and reporting for the full P&L for Emerging Markets, advising the Emerging Markets leadership team on how the businesses are performing
- Directly manage the finance team that supports our Emerging Markets businesses
- Provide central finance oversight for the overall Global Growth Business Unit, partner with local teams to understand performance and validate forecasts, and then advise and provide updates to the Global Growth Business Unit CFO and leadership team
- Ensure all monthly and quarterly FP&A related reporting requirements and submissions to corporate headquarters are met in a timely and accurate manner
- Support controllership team in execution of accounting and financial controllership processes
- Lead annual budget process and support quarterly ops reviews and long term strategic planning
- Be able to support and influence cross functional teams at different management levels
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- 7-10 years of related finance experience
- Industry experience in e-commerce or consumer internet a plus
- People management experience
- Proven record of exceptional performance at all professional and educational career stages
- The capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business' needs and translate them into actionable solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with enterprise financial planning systems (preferably SAP, BW and BPC)
- High energy and a desire to work in a result-oriented, dynamic fast growth environment
- Willingness and ability to work during periods with high workloads
- Experience working for a multi-national company
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: