Lead API Product ManagerSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0028115 Subsidiary StubHub
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
Lead API Platform Product Manager/Developer Evangelist
StubHub Product and Technology Team is looking for a Lead Product Manager to help drive product vision, strategy development and execution of our Next Generation Open API Platform and Developer Portal.
You will have the opportunity to build a balanced team which will focus on increasing the awareness and adoption of StubHub services to help partners innovate and develop, deploy and operate applications. You will be working very closely with some of our largest external partners and our internal business stakeholders. We’re looking for a Developer Evangelist that’s passionate about ensuring developers are successfully building and innovating on solutions on StubHub’s ecommerce platform. The goal is to expand our reach and engage a broader developer community. You are someone with a passion for Product Strategy and Technology, someone who has demonstrated ability to work with large partners, and a track record of driving teams to build successful products. Beyond representing the needs of developers, you’ll also engage with them through speaking, blogging, meet-ups, and a variety of other events. Come grow the StubHub developer community! This leader will influence across multiple organizations internally and externally, be a strong analytical thinker, excellent communicator and have a history of delivering results.
To be successful in this role, what we are looking for:
- Outcome-oriented - not reactionary; you can articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achievement
- Someone who can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there
- Product management experience straddling across e-commerce and enterprise domains
- Technical capabilities to be able to design a scalable distributed solution satisfying partner needs
- Passionate about and experience in leading product lines for enterprise customers
- Represent StubHub at conferences and ability to write white papers
- Extremely good at negotiating with various internal stakeholders and external partners
- 5-7+ years of Product Management at a consumer e-commerce company
- Strong analytical, data driven approach, detail oriented, problem solving, communication and project management skills
- Lead organization, tracking and delivery of RESTful APIs, Batch and Async support in Frameworks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excited about full end-to-end product/line lifecycle ownership
- Monitor industry innovations and in conjunction with cross-functional partners, identify opportunities and continue to update roadmap and strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. MBA and MS a plus
- Define product vision and strategy
- Define and be responsible for the external developer experience for StubHub partners
- Apply your entrepreneurial ability and strong quantitative background to use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision-making
- Build an internal culture of developer as a customer
- Be the voice of StubHub in public forums for developers building on StubHub’s commerce platform
- Develop business models that allow StubHub and partners to benefit together
- Document the APIs that need to be provided to the partners
- Articulate user stories with clear business value and work with engineering team to define the APIs
- Lead the sprint planning sessions and groom the backlog of user stories
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself