Lead Designer, UX and Design SystemSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0028589 Subsidiary eBay
We are looking for a collaborative Lead UX Designer in San Francisco to connect the dots across our customer journey to establish the vision for eBay’sproduct experience.
This hybrid role will report to the Senior Director of Design Systems & End-To-End Product Experience. You will be responsible for mapping cross-disciplinary initiatives onto a coherent journey and working with the insights team to identify gaps, challenges and solutions. You’ll also contribute to eBay’s component based design system which serves the systematic demands of the company.
You will be part of a small but mighty team that works across domains to ensure our product experience and design expressions are cohesive and impactful on a global scale and that they signal the dramatic changes in eBay’s offering.
Things that we value
· A fundamental understanding of modern brand building
· A deep understanding of User Experience
· A strategic understanding of modern product and Service Design
· A passion for a user-centric collaborative approach
· A passion for visual craft or prototyping
· An ability to showcase and sell through ideas
· Strong interest in design, technology and retail
· A curious mind with an appetite for learning
· A strong point of view paired with a healthy dose of humility
You are happy to lead conversations with senior teams. You have experience in creating and directing user experience frameworks, especially the customer journey framework. You have a love of quantitive and qualitative approaches to user research. You believe that brand exists in a product not just on it. You care about making products own-able and are willing to design, test and learn to get the best results. You are intuitive and understand what connects product to marketing, engineering to behavior and strategic thinking to the craft of design. You’re organized and understand what it takes to role-out a product on multiple platforms and regions. You have the ability to negotiate and evolve design with stakeholders and ensure the integrity of the experience and design system is upheld. You are knowledgeable about our competitors, understand established design patterns and best practices, but always feel the need to do better. You get inspired, fired up and ready to dig in when presented with a challenge.You love a challenge and are ready to help reinvigorate one of the internet’s biggest and most loved brands.
· 5-7 years of industry experience in UX, product development and design systems.
· Deep Understanding of grids, type, color, layout, iconography, imagery, patterns and systems
· Fluency of all modern design tools mixed with latest prototyping techniques
· Self-starter who is user-focused, detail and solutions oriented
· An ability to be both visionary and detailed when needed
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· An ability to work closely with our teams: brainstorming, work-shopping, partnering to provide strategic business insight
Please include a link to your portfolio to be considered
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: