Marketing Communications AssociateSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0032552 Subsidiary eBay Advertising
eBay Advertising is a fast-growing business within the eBay Inc. family. We represent a suite of marketing solutions that enable brands and sellers to drive awareness, consideration, and ultimately, sales velocity. For more than 30 years, eBay has been the leader in ecommerce marketplace and now, eBay Advertising aims to be the leading marketing platform for brands and eBay sellers globally.
We connect brands and sellers to consumers through rich targeting at scale, innovative ad experiences, and data science that serves both shoppers and marketers across all devices. We have exclusive access to eBay’s unique data on browsing, search, and purchase history of 177M active users globally. We enjoy eBay’s trusted relationships as a business partner to millions of merchants and retailers. We leverage this data and derive insights to deliver the right ad experience to the right user at the right time on the right device.
We are seeking a hungry Marketing Communications Associate to help support our communication strategy and execution. You’ll partner with our Sr. Manager, Marketing Communications and help develop key sales materials and external content to fuel our B2B efforts. The ideal candidate is a communications rock star with experience turning data into actionable insights for brands.
- Assist in the creation of sales materials to support the eBay Ads business. Materials include sales narratives, one sheets, case studies, emails, blog content, custom projects, and more.
- Develop data-driven content that highlights the passion of eBay sellers and buyers and drives advertiser consideration and purchase intent.
- Clearly communicate and educate sales on content updates to ensure adoption and understanding and seller success.
- Work hand-in-hand with designers to continually raise the bar on developing visually compelling content.
- Partner with cross-functional teams as needed; partner teams include: client insights, analytics, events, lead development, comms/PR, and legal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, English, Communications or related field.
- 5 years of relevant marketing experience in a direct sale, B2B organization (bonus points for experience in media/ad sales)
- Experience in identifying and telling highly data-driven stories gleaned from first and third-party data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter, ability to thrive in a fast paced, start-up environment
- A team player who believes in ‘we’ over ‘me’. Excellent relationship building skills, and a proven track record of collaborating effectively and with positivity.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: