MTS 1, Software Engineer
San Francisco, California
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
- Provide technical leadership, make decision on technical toolkit.
- Be responsible for delivery. Do project scope estimate, assign team tasks and overall control delivery dates.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of the engineering team of engineers within an Agile/Scrum environment. Provide feedback to team members and involve in performance review process.
- Build differentiated production-ready features in a fast-pace environment with focus on scalability, performance and availability
- Lead the team produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Passion to bring out innovative ideas and try out new solutions, while being open minded to feedback from the team
- 5-8 years of experience in software engineering or application development
- Able to drive architecture and design
- Able to influence and direct other groups as well as team
- Have had success with distributed micro-service based applications and you are well versed in securing such systems
- Solid software programming skills. Experiences of Java best practice and JVM internal concepts like threading/memory/locking/async, etc.
- Experience with Spring/Hibernate/Messaging/JBoss
- Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), database architecture, and distributed transaction management.
- Working experiences in STUBHUB sell domain is a plus
- Working experiences in a cloud environment is a plus
- Ability to work independently, comfort with ambiguity, and ability to deliver within strict time frames
- Self-driven, eager to learn new skills in both technology and analysis areas
- Self-motivated, desire to seek out additional system and product knowledge
- Good communication skills in English
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem-solver 10
- Quick-thinking 9
- Creative 8
- Productive 7
- Courageous 6
- Team Player 5
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years