MTS1, Software Engineer
San Francisco, California
- A Software Engineering Lead for UI development, but not the regular kind.
- Somebody that has a really strong technical background with experience on the latest and greatest framework fads over the last few years.
- Somebody who has a passion to own our own destiny by taking ideas from design to delivered products. Our team is DEVOPS team (we own the code from creation to production) and we work directly with our users to make our products better.
- Somebody who is willing to try new methodology. Someone that has moved fast & broken things, because they now understand the value of a customer's trust.
- Somebody who really cares customer’s business, their challenges and delivers value to our customers
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
- Have solid front-end development skills, commitment to shipping, and works well with others.
- Provide technical leadership, make the decision on the technical toolkit.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of the engineering team of engineers within an Agile/Scrum environment. Provide feedback to team members and involve in the performance review process.
- Work on our web teams to deliver fast, intuitive apps that aim to delight our users.
- Continually improve our UI platform.
- Join us to tackle this opportunity with modern web tools while at the same time delivering superb experiences to millions of users.
- Learn and apply new technologies quickly and without reticence.
- Work closely with PMO, UX, PM, and other functions to ensure that projects are delivering expectations.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years’ experience in front-end development.
- Familiarity with front-end development tools such as Gulp, browserify, babel, etc.
- Passion for shipping high quality, clean, tested code with an aim to delight users.
- Passion for building pixel-perfect applications to delight our UX designers.
- Solid Experience in node.js
StubHub’s vision encompasses four goals:
- Building a strong culture and talent magnet for diverse backgrounds
- Broadening our geographic footprint with #1 or #2 position in key markets
- Being an indispensable industry partner bringing audiences together
- Being everywhere our customers are and playing a larger role in their lives
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
At eBay Buyer Experience team, the drive for a faster and sleeker pages constantly inspires me. The fact that my work touches millions of users everyday in one way or the other and to learn what affects a person’s decision to make that purchase brings a sense of fulfillment.–Dileep, Staff Software Engineer
Everyday, I get a chance to work with smart and dedicated people to build the best shopping experience for our customers. Because so many people use eBay, I am proud that my work is impacting people in a positive way.–Steve, Full Stack Software Engineer
Everyday I work with people passionate to deliver great experiences for millions of buyers and sellers. It brings me great joy knowing that the features I work on greatly impact the lives of people from around the world, from all walks of life.–Andrew, Software Engineer
We do things different, the hack way, the happy way. And we celebrate the best way. We are the pirates of eBay!–Shakul, Software Development Manager
eBay gives me the freedom to challenge the status quo. This creates a unique adrenaline rush that pushes all boundaries and paradigms and helps bring out new ideas that ultimately redefine e-commerce shopping experience. If you love such challenges, you'll love work at eBay.–Sriharsha, Software Engineer
What makes a successful Software Developer at eBay? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental,Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement, Professional Development
Paid Time Off
16+ Days of Paid Time Off, Paid Maternity leave, Paid Paternity Leave, 11 Paid Holidays
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
Sabbatical, 4 paid weeks every 5 years