Paid Search (SEM) Marketing AnalystSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0015607 Subsidiary StubHub
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people to inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
- Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
Do you love sports, concerts, theater, and analyzing large sets of data on multiple levels and then applying the learnings to improve performance metrics? If so, we want you! StubHub is the largest secondary ticket marketplace in the world and has achieved success through technology, innovation and nimble marketing. Innovation within the paid search program comes from the minds of team members and we want you to help formulate and drive as we continue to grow. We are a hard working team that makes data driven decisions and we expect you to have same qualities.
- Work directly with the paid search team, providing support in their efforts through analytical reporting and insights
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly paid search channel reports and provide analysis on them to help ensure that performance is tracking to goals, supporting marketing objectives and maximizing new consumer growth
- Identify optimization opportunities and perform sizing analysis to assess the incremental audience, revenue, contribution margin and other potential impacts to core KPIs
- Work with the team on quarterly paid search test plans; monitor tests in coordination with the paid search managers; analyze, be accountable for results and apply learning recommendations
- Innovate to build new processes and automated reports
- Understand complex ideas and demonstrate strong problem solving skills to solve practical problems in business, marketing and industry analysis
- Work with engineering team to ensure all internal/external tools are working as expected. Troubleshoot when suspicious activity identified and provide solution
- Assist in defining the strategies for the paid search channel and play an instrumental role in the execution of those strategies
- Be accountable for meeting the team’s aggressive revenue and efficiency target goals
- Develop testing scenarios and determine the optimal metric measurement that factors in the various influencing elements (seasonality, geography, market landscape, economy, etc.). This would include recommendations on testing methodology (A/B, pre and post, etc.), duration of testing and identifying key results to analyze
- BS/BA degree preferably in a quantitative field (e.g.: Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science)
- 6+ years of paid search reporting/analysis/strategy experience with 1+ years of hands-on paid search channel management experience
- Must have strong quantitative experience and analytical skills including data manipulation and financial analysis. Must enjoy working and making decisions with data, be naturally curious and extremely detail oriented. Passion for interpreting and executing against large datasets is a must
- Knowledge of analysis by keyword type, DMA/GEO, device, day of week/time of day, landing page and creative
- Able to determine test method (A/B vs pre/post etc.) and has the knowledge of removing noise or factors like seasonality, spend spikes from the data for clean outcome
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; can clearly and effectively speak to all levels of employees/management with needed level of detail
- Experience working on large-scale search engine marketing operations is a plus
- High proficiency in MS Excel (Vlookup, Pivot Tables, etc.), PowerPoint, SQL and R
- Familiarity with core performance marketing platforms, automated bidding tools and other marketing analytics tools - including Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Omniture
- Knowledge of Concerts, Theater and/or Sports (e.g., MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA) event landscape is a plus
View our accessibility infoR0015607
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.