SEM Marketing InternSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0028701
Have a drive to make things better? Thrilled by the idea of working in the uniquely dynamic industry of sports, music and theater events? Analytical and creative? StubHub’s Paid Search (SEM) team, part of the Marketing Organization is focused on driving growth and efficiency. We’re looking for a go-getter who loves data and problem solving to join our team for the summer and help us drive innovation.
Over the course of the summer you’ll immerse yourself in our business to understand areas of growth opportunity within Paid Search including of ad copy, landing pages, bidding and targeting. Collaborate with your fellow interns, get to know our team, and enjoy the opportunity to explore your passions.
Potential projects include:
- Identifying areas of opportunity within the paid search channel and launching tests that will drive growth
- Analyze data with statistical rigor to determine if a test is successful
- Working with team members across marketing, analytics, and engineering to ensure test methodology, measurement and scaling is aligned across channels
- Learning the basics of Paid Search through keyword mining, negative keywords, and keyword pruning
- Monitoring the competitive landscape in terms of pricing, search activity, traffic and market share
- Interested in Digital Marketing and familiarity with core performance marketing platforms and marketing analytics tools is a plus (e.g., Google Ads, Bing Ads, Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Search Ads 360, Facebook, Twitter ads)
- Studying a quantitative field (e.g., Marketing, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance)
- Must have strong quantitative experience and analytical skills and enjoy working and making decisions with data. Naturally curious and extremely detail oriented. Must have passion for interpreting and executing against large data sets.
- Able to determine test method (A/B vs pre/post) and have the knowledge of removing noise or factors like seasonality, spend spikes etc. from the data for clean analysis/outcome (especially for pre/post)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; can clearly and effectively speak to all levels of employees/management with needed level of detail
- Knowledge of Concerts and/or Sports (e.g., MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA) event landscape is a plus
- High proficiency in MS Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, etc.) & PowerPoint
- Experience with SQL a big plus
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Spanish, French or other not required but preferred
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: