Senior AccountantSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0028042 Subsidiary StubHub
StubHub’s (www.stubhub.com, an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY) purpose is to connect people to inspiring event experiences. StubHub connects fans with their favorite teams, shows, and artists and introduces them to ones they’ll love next.
As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, StubHub enables fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through desktop and mobile experiences, including the StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The ticket resale industry was the first to introduce the ticketing application, provide the first interactive seat mapping tool, and was the first to provide a live event rewards program (Fan Rewards). StubHub’s business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS, and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience throughout the world.
StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit www.stubhub.com; follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram; or YouTube.com/StubHub.
STUBHUB ONE VALUES: We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences. At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
- Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
THE OPPORTUNITY: NORAM Senior Accountant
The NorAm StubHub Controllership organization is looking for a highly motivated individual with a combination of accounting and process skills. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic organization within the eBay Inc. organization. The NorAm StubHub Controllership Team is responsible for the proper accounting, compliance, and internal control environment for StubHub, Inc.
The successful candidate will find him/herself surrounded by sharp professionals with diverse backgrounds, operating in a fast-paced, intellectual, and team-oriented environment. The position will report to the StubHub NorAm Controller.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Support the month-end close process by validating accruals, reviewing journal entries for proper accounting, performing fluctuation analyses on account balances, and preparing key account reconciliations
- Manage processing of payments and supervise a payments team
- Maintain and update DataWarehouse tables/reports/dashboards
- Monitor & ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting principles, company procedures, and reporting requirements
- Perform all levels of accounting activities related to Gift Cards and Reason Codes
- Monitor upcoming actions for month-end close impact (events, projects, releases, etc.)
- Document and help develop processes and assist with projects to improve performance and efficiencies
- Provide support for external audits, including general ledger extracts, variance analysis
- Work in a cross functional role spanning Finance, Accounting, MP Businesses, IT, and the Management Reporting group
- Help identify, lead, support, and/or implement continuous improvement initiatives for various processes including the month-end close, reporting, data gathering, and analysis
- Support new business initiatives through identification of accounting requirements and ensure implementation of financial controls and process and system solutions
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- 3+ years of Accounting/Finance experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.), experience with SAP, Frontier, Blackline, a plus
- Precise and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself