Senior Data ScientistSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0028659
Position: Senior Data Scientist
Organization: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub, an eBay company, is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA. StubHub is the world’s leading online tickets marketplace providing fans a safe, convenient place to get tickets to the games, concerts, and theater shows they want to see, and an easy way to sell their tickets when they can't go.
Location: San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a creative Data Scientist with expertise in market dynamics and recommendation algorithms to lead the development of models that will delight our fans by helping them buy and sell the best tickets at the right price at the right time.
Your models will have a direct impact on StubHub’s bottom line and on the efficiency of the markets on its platform. You will have access to the rich data set of the world’s largest dynamically priced ticketing marketplace. You will uncover hidden signals in the data that drive the models you build to describe customer behavior, predict market trends, quantify risk and provide customers with tools that help them see their favorite performers at the best price and sell their tickets effortlessly when they can’t go.
The data science and machine learning group is a small team of extraordinary scientists and engineers based in StubHub's San Francisco headquarters. We work closely with other teams in the company to establish business goals, to incorporate existing insights into our algorithms, to uncover new opportunities for optimizing the business and to establish rigorous methods for gauging performance.
- Lead the creation of algorithms that predict market dynamics and power tools that allow our customers to effortlessly find the tickets they want or sell the tickets they can't use.
- Mine our rich data set to discover customer behavior trends and market dynamics.
- Collaborate with teams throughout the business deploy your models effectively.
- Design experiments to test and measure the performance of the models you build.
- Inspire your teammates with your knowledge of dynamic system modeling and your application of modern software development techniques.
- Use state of the art big data and statistical modeling tools in a distributed / cloud computing environment including TensorFlow, Spark, Pandas, Hive and Hbase.
- Frame complicated problems in simple terms and enjoy clarifying sophisticated solutions.
- Bring a passion for discovery, problem solving and groundbreaking technology.
- A degree in Economics, Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Physics or equivalent quantitative field.
- Over 5 years personally developing statistical models and algorithms.
- Familiarity with two-sided markets and modeling their dynamics.
- A cherished memory of an amazing concert or sporting event and a dedication to help others live such experiences.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: