Senior Manager, Marketing CommunicationsSan Francisco, California
San Jose, California Requisition Number R0030923 Subsidiary eBay
Senior Manager, Marketing Communications
Reporting to: Head of Ads Marketing
eBay Advertising is a fast-growing business within the eBay Inc. family. We represent a suite of marketing solutions that enable brands and sellers to drive awareness, consideration, and ultimately, sales velocity. For more than 30 years, eBay has been the leader in ecommerce marketplaces and now, eBay Advertising aims to be the leading marketing platform for brands and eBay sellers globally.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Marketing Communications to own our communication strategy and content execution. You’ll work in partnership with the Head of Ads Marketing to evolve our core message platform, key sales narratives, and external content strategy. Your focus will be on telling the eBay Advertising story in compelling, creative, and impactful ways. You will also oversee a small but mighty team of creators who bring that story to life across various channels (sales enablement/sales materials, email, website, blog, whitepapers, B2B social, events, etc.)
The ideal candidate will think strategically, work collaboratively, and have the ability to balance the big picture with the small details. You are a communications rock star who can turn data into insights, simplify the complex, and drive real results for an advertising sales organization. This role is new to the organization and as a result, will require a level of flexibility and the ability to work in gray areas.
- Own the marketing communications strategy and content execution across all channels to drive advertiser consideration and purchase intent
- Be an expert on our various customer segments and map relevant content to each
- Develop rigor and process around quarterly communication themes that map to key message pillars
- Assist in developing thought leadership platforms for eBay Advertising’s leaders/spokespeople
- Serve as player/coach in the development of sales materials, blog content, emails, whitepapers, website copy, case studies, infographics, etc.
- Ensure that all content is on-brand and consistent across all channels
- Partner with cross-functional teams, as needed; partner teams include: sales, client insights, analytics, events, lead development, comms/PR, and legal
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 8+ years of relevant communication strategy/execution experience in a direct sales, B2B organization (bonus points for experience in media/ad sales)
- Experience in identifying and telling highly data-driven stories gleaned from first- and third-party data
- A proven track record of working collaboratively with sales
- Solid analytical and critical thinking skills with proven expertise in problem solving
- Experience in managing individual contributors (employees and/or contractors)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: