Sr. Inventory ManagerSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0029274 Subsidiary StubHub
Senior Inventory Manager
The Senior Inventory Manager role at StubHub presents an exciting opportunity for a professional portfolio manager or trader to take their career to the next level by joining the most exciting company at the intersection of Live Event Entertainment and E-commerce.
As a leader on the Managed Marketplace team, you will leverage your previous portfolio management experience directly, while also helping us enhance our proprietary technology. The Senior Inventory Manager will lead a team in designing and implementing portfolio optimization strategies, tracking and analyzing marketplace data.
Location: San Francisco, CA
The ideal candidate is a highly driven individual looking to apply their financial expertise and make an immediate impact at the forefront of the developing ticketing marketplace. You are a natural problem solver with exceptional analytical and quantitative skills. You are a strong performer with a passion for markets and a love for sports and music.
You should not only have the financial acumen to successfully lead portfolio construction and risk management, but also have experience in contributing to the development of proprietary tools and strategies.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Manage portfolios across multiple markets
- Develop and implement portfolio/risk management strategies
- Work closely with our data scientists to develop and enhance our algorithms and statistical models
- Help build quantitative tools to analyze portfolio exposures and risk-factors
- Prepare and transmit reports to key personnel and clients
- Analyze past trades and historical data in constant search for improvement
- Assist in the monitoring of the risk and overall volatility of client accounts
- 7+ years of experience managing portfolios of equities or derivatives at a hedge fund, bank, or proprietary trading firm (responsibility for PnL and risk)
- In-depth understanding of derivative pricing and asset valuation models
- Understanding of risk factors that drive portfolio performance
- Exceptional quantitative, logical reasoning, and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter ready to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Attentiveness and ability to react to changing priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently while fostering external professional relationships
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, build rapport and influence peers
- Ability and desire to mentor more junior team members
- Passion for sports and live events
- BS/MS/PhD in quantitative field – Physics, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- Management experience is a plus
- MBA is a plus
- Working knowledge of Python, R, SQL is a plus
- Willingness to be flexible with hours and schedule is a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself