User Research ManagerSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0029236 Subsidiary StubHub
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
- StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
- At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
- Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub.
User Research Manager Job Description
StubHub, the world’s largest marketplace for live event tickets, is looking for a User Research Manager to join our Product Design Group. Over 100 million people visit StubHub each year, and we’re looking for a driven leader to help shape the future of our native and web apps. The ideal candidate loves working with peers and leaders to mine for insights that drive elegant solutions to tough problems. This people-leader is a talent-magnet and a pro at driving and cultivating user research teams. The User Research Manager works within the Product group alongside Experience Design, Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and other core groups to ensure the User Research team is optimized to develop key insights to drive good user experience. The User Research Manager ensures that a talented group of User Researchers operate optimally in designing, planning and conducting user research across a spectrum of methodologies. This leader is a strong influencer and promotor within and outside the organization, as well as an external face of User Research representing StubHub.
- Device and curate a mixed-methods approach to gathering both generative and evaluative feedback on designs and concepts. Methods may include: in-lab and field studies, online surveys, usability tests, card sorting, moderated and unmoderated remote testing, participatory design, experience mapping, heuristic evaluations, in-depth user interviews, as well as stakeholder interviews
- Lead a motivated and constantly learning team of User Researchers, providing guidance and mentorship along the way
- Manage budget, and ensuring a healthy bench of external vendors for specific needs
- Manage internal relationships with peers across the Org, from marketing, to Engineering and Customer Service
- Manage an efficient intake of work, execution and readout to ensure velocity and transparency across internal stakeholders
- Monitor and ensure that insights are influential in final product and lead to always-improving user experience
- Proven people leader with experience in all aspects of managing teams
- 6+ years of experience in applied user researching setting
- Advanced Degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field
- Proven record of building and curating a User Research program, employing a range of methodologies depending on need
- Practical experience in deploying qualitative and quantitative research methods throughout the product development life cycle from conceptualization to launch
- Ability to solve complex problems, unlocking people to do good work
- Strong communication skills, expert influencer and advocate for User Research
- International and eCommerce experience a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself