User ResearcherSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0032575 Subsidiary eBay
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people to inspiring event experiences.
We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next.
As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation.
Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™.
Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience.
StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
Fan First, StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths Richly
Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
Summary of User Researcher Role
The ideal candidate loves working with other experts to help create elegant solutions to tough problems. This person is observant, curious, and passionate about building the best possible experience for our customers.
The User Researcher works within the Product group alongside Experience Designers, Product Managers, Engineering, Marketing, and other core groups to develop key insights along the product lifecycle.
The User Researcher is responsible for designing, planning and conducting user research, including methods such as: usability lab studies, ethnographic field studies, remote testing, competitive evaluations, participatory design sessions, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and other approaches based on need.
The User Researcher converts research findings into actionable next steps, is a consummate advocate for the user, with a keen eye toward building consensus and cultivating product improvement.
In addition to custom research, the User Researcher knows how to leverage existing data and metrics to build a holistic picture and meaningful recommendation for product-improvement.
- Employ a mixed-methods approach to gathering both generative and evaluative feedback on designs and concepts. Methods may include: heuristic evaluations ethnography, field studies, surveys, participatory design, experience mapping, usability tests, card sorting, moderated and unmoderated remote testing, in-depth user interviews, as well as stakeholder interviews.
- Triage and evaluate incoming requests, identify complex user experience problems and high-impact projects, and delivery findings in time for them to be useful and relevant.
- Manage research from kick-off and recruitment to effective communication of the synthesized findings to stakeholders.
- Collaborative and able to bring stakeholder along throughout process of observing users and analyzing findings.
- Aligns and collaborates with analytics and consumer insights teams to tell a cohesive story about our users.
- Act as an internal evangelist for design and user research.
- 3-5 years of practical experience in applied researching setting.
- Advanced Degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field.
- Expertise in, and knowing when to apply the range of research methods with experience with collecting and reporting quantitative measurements.
- Practical experience in deploying qualitative and quantitative research methods throughout the product development life cycle from conceptualization to launch.
- Able to support findings and recommendations with design, usability, and cognitive principles.
- Must be organized, able to act independently and able to switch between projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- International and eCommerce experience a plus.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: