VP/CFO, StubHubSan Francisco, California Requisition Number R0027825 Subsidiary StubHub
POSITION: VP/CFO, StubHub
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people to inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced VP/CFO to join the executive team at StubHub. This role is a key member of both the StubHub and eBay Finance executive teams, reporting to the CFO and StubHub President. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a multi-national, publicly listed company, combined with a smaller, more nimble organization that offers broad exposure.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a passionate fan of live entertainment.
- Be intellectually curious – an interest in learning about the business, the competitive landscape, the industry, etc. and apply that perspective to the role.
- Have breadth and depth of leadership and professional experiences that enable you to be successful in a variety of roles and environments.
- Role modeling our cultural values – driven, courageous, inventive, diverse, deliver our brand
- Demonstrate success in leading and building high performing teams
- Develop successors and others to build a talent bench that enables continuity of our business.
- Have the ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic, matrixed environment.
Work directly with the StubHub President and eBay CFO on all financial matters, including but not limited to:
- StubHub’s consolidated accounting, compliance and internal controls environment. It will lead all aspects of accounting for StubHub’s global income statement and balance sheet including but not limited to revenue processing and recognition, payments processing, tax & regulatory compliance and all areas of accounting judgment.
- Providing seasoned guidance and consultation to the executive management team on all decisions that have significant financial implication.
- Developing the financial strategy and forecasting future performance, including determining the optimal financial architecture to deliver maximum value to customers and shareholders and ensuring local plans are in line with StubHub’s vision and strategy.
- Annual and quarterly financial planning, target setting, and reporting
- Preparing and reviewing performance metrics and various financial analyses
S/he must also support StubHub business leaders on all financial and analytical matters, including but not limited to:
- Analysis of business performance, including creating insight into customer behavior and site performance, business and project performance, pricing opportunities, etc.
- Financial planning and analysis for new business ideas
- Leading the quarterly target setting process, ensuring proper use of resources (expenses, people), as well as ensuring proper return on investment by business lever
- The ideal candidate for the position should have a BA or BS undergraduate degree, an MBA and/or Masters is highly desired and more than fifteen years of financial planning experience.Also, significant leadership experience in managing a team.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself