Accounting Manager, ControllershipSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0025593 Subsidiary eBay
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The eBay Controllership team is seeking a highly motivated individual with a combination of technical and operational accounting skills to join the team as an Accounting Manager. This is an opportunity to become a member of a dynamic organization supporting eBay’s largest, and multi-billion dollar Marketplaces platform acting as the subject matter expert supporting new business initiatives and driving operational accounting process improvement. Ideal candidates will leverage his/her accounting and process knowledge to contribute meaningfully to a winning organization. The successful candidate will find him/herself surrounded by sharp professionals with diverse backgrounds, operating in a fast-paced, intellectual, and team-oriented environment.
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world. The technologies and services that power our platforms are designed to enable sellers worldwide to organize and offer their inventory for sale, and buyers to find and purchase it, virtually anytime and anywhere. In 2017, eBay enabled $88 billion of gross merchandise volume.
This role is a Manager position reporting to the Director, Global & Corp Functions. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with cross functional teams such as Finance, Accounting Policy, Finance, Tax, Shared Services, Systems and Corporate function teams to establish new and improved processes, formalize and implement consistent policies and standards across the Company.
- Support new business initiatives through identification of accounting requirements and ensure implementation of financial controls and process and system solutions.
- Direct accounting and reporting system related projects from a business owner perspective, including concept development, requirement identification, user testing, and production implementation from a process and operational standpoint.
- Support the month-end close by performing and validating accruals, preparing and reviewing complex account reconciliations and reserve models, and conducting fluctuation analyses.
- Conduct on-going reviews of accounting processes within areas the Controlling team supports, internal controls, and overall effectiveness to drive process improvements through automation, streamlining and best practices towards vision of World Class Controlling and collaboration across the CAO organization.
- Determine SOX implications of new business initiatives and processes, modify/implement controls as appropriate, and conduct accounting process reviews with internal and external auditors.
- Support external audit and quarterly/annual SEC filing by timely submission of PBC schedules and reporting packages and pro-active partnership with the audit team
The success of this role will largely be dependent on the ability to manage and collaborate with various partners and ensure month-end processes and accounting systems are designed and implemented in accordance with the accounting and reporting requirements of the Controllership team. The model candidate will demonstrate a sense of problem awareness, an aptitude for critical thinking, an ability to break down and improve accounting processes and systems, and a vision for future needs.
Candidates must be self-starters with a solid work ethic and also possess the following:
- 5-7 years’ experience in public accounting, preferably Big Four. Experience at a large growth company and a CPA is a plus.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, SOX, and standard accounting processes and controls.
- Effective communication skills - including the capability to listen to the needs of others, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve operational accounting process and system issues.
- Customer focus and the ability to effectively collaborate and influence in a cross-functional and/or matrix environment; including working with all levels and in multiple locations.
- Comfort with initiating and responding to change; demonstrated ability to leverage systems to improve accounting processes and controls.
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks, and deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong background in accounting or finance, business processes and internal control evaluation. Ability to design and implement processes in support of new business or governance initiatives and experience leading operational and process change with a drive towards world class controlling processes and controls.
- Solid experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.), and data warehouse reporting tools (Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.)
- Focus on eBay’s cultural values
Education: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: