Applied Researcher InternSan Jose, California
Bellevue, Washington Requisition Number R0040877 Subsidiary eBay
Here are some of the problems we are working on:
- Using machine learning to determine item delivery dates for buyers and sellers around the world
- Understanding how fast, accurate shipping impacts conversions and lifetime value
- Leveraging machine learning and AI to identify new opportunity areas across our global marketplace
- You will be directly responsible for conceiving of and building machine learning solutions for the shipping domain.
- Design and implement end to end solutions using machine learning, and own live deployments to improve both efficiency and user experience for buyers and sellers.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and product teams to develop strategic and tactical enhancements to our shipping platforms.
- Conduct experiments and evaluate the performance of the models, investigate false positive/false negatives and implement continuous improvements to the shipping ecosystem.
- Communicate your methodology and results to a community of researchers, developers, analysts, and product managers working on a number of related technologies.
- Work with engineers as well as other cross functional teams to produce end-to-end production-ready solutions
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- Currently enrolled as a student, 0-3years of relevant work experience in an accredited Masters, or PhD program within the United States graduating after December 2021
- Enrolled in or pursuing an Master’s or PhD Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics or related major
- Creative thinker who knows how to build real-world products
- Curate, Acquire & Maintain Datasets
- Build and handle data in traditional and non-traditional ways.
- Share engineering support, release & on call.
- Estimate, plan & rollout changes
- Key skills: SQL, Java, Python, NoSQL tool ie: Hadoop, Pig, Spark, H2O etc.
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: