Associate, Marketplace StrategySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0035090 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We are responsible for setting the future direction of eBay: our ambition, where we play, and how we win in the market. Our team is responsible for deeply understanding the needs of our core buyers and sellers and creating the strategies that will differentiate eBay relative to our competitors. We work very closely with product, technology, and regional business teams to ensure the strategy is translated into action across the end-to-end customer experience.
Our eBay Marketplaces Strategy team is seeking an Associate, Marketplace Strategy. The candidate will be a creative thinker with high levels of intellectual curiosity. S/he will work with key stakeholders from all functions across the organization to design strategies and drive structured and data-based recommendations to action. Within this role, the candidate will have the ability to influence key elements of eBay’s strategy and to help shape the future direction of eBay.
- Strategy development and execution: Support the development and implementation of our businesses’ visions, strategies, and long-term strategic priorities. Facilitate cross-functional and cross-regional team coordination. Perform strategic analyses and solve problems
- Communication skills: Structure, prepare and present well-written and logical documents for senior management. Engage in constructive dialog with various levels of executives and team members
- Managing through Uncertainty: Self-direct to deliver superior end-products in a dynamic industry and corporate environment
- Excellence in structured thinking with superior analytical capabilities (quantitative and qualitative)
- Ability to communicate clearly and simply with mid-level and senior audiences
- Comfort in reaching out and organizing cross-functional collaboration in a highly matrixed environment
- Comfort with uncertainty
- Highly collaborative – be fun, outgoing, and easy to work with!
- 2+ years of work experience preferred. Top tier strategy consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy experience strongly preferred
- BS/BA degree required with significant academic achievements, including academic awards and other recognitions
- Industry experience in commerce/ retail, consumer goods or internet services a plus
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: