Associate Merchant, Sporting GoodsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0030145 Subsidiary eBay
We are looking for an Associate Merchant to lead a portion of our Sporting Goods categories. eBay merchants own end-to-end performance of the category and develop comprehensive customer-focused merchandise strategies, including developing product assortment, pricing strategy, selection procurement, curation, and category page optimization.
The Sporting Goods Merchant is responsible for developing a strategy to build an experience customers love, in the process accelerating the business while driving profitability. Merchants work across functional teams to bring their strategy to life, whether through existing or new sellers, brands, promotions, partnerships, or other opportunities.
• Deep understanding of online retailing best practices and experience employing tactics to gain market share and grow top line sales.
• Proven track record of strategic planning and execution, taking a project from idea to full implementation in a large complex organization. Expert level experience integrating emerging trends and best practices in strategies.
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen in a complex data environment; ability to make the data speak volumes about program performance, trends and areas of opportunity.
• Demonstrated ability using metrics to drive productivity, consumer satisfaction, and manage costs.
• 4-8 years of merchandising experience in retail or consumer products industry. Experience should include buying, planning, product line structure and pricing.
• MBA preferred.
• Flexibility in responding to changing priorities.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: