Business AssociateSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0016542
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
At eBay everyone can find their perfect. For some this will be a new Nintendo Switch; for others it will be a unique vintage dress; and for a few lucky people it will be the start of a great career.
Our core marketplace business is now looking to hire over 20 graduates for roles in this successful, growth business. We are looking for people as diverse as our customer base who will bring the same passion and enthusiasm to work as our sellers bring to our platform every day.
To be successful you will need to be a top student with high EQ; a passion for eCommerce and technology; great relationship building skills and an obsession with delivering fantastic customer experiences.
We’re looking for graduates to join our merchandising team; our advertising team; our Trust team; our Risk team; our Marketing team and others. We’ve included some brief highlights below, for you to explore a bit.
If you know what these teams do that’s fantastic. But if you don’t …don’t worry. We want to get graduates who can learn fast and understanding the uniqueness of eBay. We will give you the time and opportunity to learn your chosen team and others as you build a career, starting at eBay.
We look forward to hearing from you
A peak into some of our business areas that may be the exciting opportunity for you …
- Consumer to Consumer (C2C) and Business to Consumer (B2C) business – drives both the buyer and seller experiences making it easy and fun for everyday people to declutter their lives and make some money via selling on eBay, and scales up to enabling brands and large businesses to leverage eBay as a major distribution channel. Focus on making the end-to-end experiences smooth and easy – from listing to selling to shipping, enabling buyer and seller trust. Our business analysts, support the growth of the North American business working on key programs across supply, demand and engagement. Team is based in San Jose, CA.
- Merchandising and Inventory – creates the vertical (Electronics, Home & Garden, Lifestyle, Media, Toys, Fashion, Car Parts & Accessories, Collectibles, etc.) strategies, driving the experience and inventory spectrum from both the buyer and seller views. Our site merchandisers focus specifically on enabling the experience and reflecting the breadth and depth of inventory available. Team is based in San Jose, CA.
- Product Marketing – leads marketing across the seller and buyer experience to maximize adoption of eBay’s products and services. Contribute to the overall marketing strategy, go-to-market strategy and execution of integrated campaigns and product communications, while partnering with our business units, seller marketing, North America marketing and vendor/agency partners. Team is based in San Jose, CA.
- Analytics and Insights - builds behavioral intelligence by exploring innovative interpretations of existing and new sources of data, using advanced analytical techniques, and overlaying the appropriate strategies to deliver world class results. The team has a broad spectrum of industry experiences and deep analytical and quantitative expertise, and works with global partners (like Risk Policy, Risk Product, Technology, Trust, Operations, Payment providers) to understand Risk domain in depth. Team is based in San Jose, CA and Austin, TX.
- Engineering and Operations -Global Payments, Billing, and Risk Technology organization includes a software engineering and operations management teams responsible for business-critical applications and program management needed to support billing, payment, and risk-related operations; customer service; collections; auditing; and more. The engineering team develops and maintains applications leveraging a variety technologies including Angular/JS and PHP web-based front-end tools and interfaces, Java-based mid-tier SOAP/REST web services, Java batch processes, and underlying Oracle and MySQL databases. The operations team focuses on executing the Sanctions Compliance Program for eBay Marketplaces globally and StubHub US. Team is based in Austin, TX
- Ad Sales & Marketing- Advertising organization represents a suite of marketing solutions that enable brands and sellers to take control of their experience on the eBay platform. The solution set includes retail performance lead generation products, high impact display integrations and shopper marketing solutions that incorporate share of voice and sales attribution products. Support sales & marketing of the North America Ads business with a specific focus on field marketing and sales operations. This will contribute to the overall growth of the NA Advertising business as we aim to be the leading eccomerce marketing platform for brands globally. Team is based in Brisbane, CA.
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.