Sr. Compensation AnalystSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0038411 Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to craft how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help craft the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About the team:
We are responsible for all aspects of candidate and employee experience across eBay. We drive business performance, recruiting, learning and development, compensation, benefits, people experience shared services, and people tools and technologies – and oversee the continuing evolution of the company's culture.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain survey provider relationships, participate in compensation surveys, perform survey job matching, and conduct ad-hoc benchmarking and market research as needed.
- Manage a cloud-based market review system (PayFactors) to process survey data-cuts and provide market insights for around 2,000 jobs in 40 locations/countries.
- Work cross functionally with People Technology Systems team, IT and third-party account managers to update and validate appropriate and accurate employee compensation data in PayFactors for benchmarking analyses.
- Review total compensation survey reports, including auditing, validating, benchmarking survey results, and share market insights with team.
- Analyze internal and external compensation data. Prepare analysis, data modeling, and costing in support of salary increase budget, promotion budget and salary range development.
- Collaborate with Compensation Partners in the development and administration of eBay’s job architecture
- Conduct job evaluations and market assessment using market data and internal evaluations
- Provide ad hoc compensation analyses and other insights to Compensation Partners
- Partner with People Experience team to audit, update and maintain compensation-related data in Workday
- Support our compensation review program administration, including system configuration, testing and executing the delivery of our compensation programs
- Contribute to various other projects and initiatives pertaining to global total reward programs and practices
- Excellent data analysis, problem solving and communication skills
- A passion for accuracy with a sense of urgency
- Strong customer focus and ability to partner closely with internal and external stakeholders, cross-functional teams and cultivate positive relationships
- Comfortable working with and analyzing large quantities of data
- Ability to take care of ambiguities
- Computer Skills: Excel, Tableau, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience working with Workday preferred
- BS/BA or equivalent plus 5+ years of compensation experience
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: