Corporate Development ManagerSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0027618
eBay, Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY)
With more than 175 million active users and hundreds of millions of active product listings, eBay is the world’s most vibrant and dynamic online marketplace. eBay Inc. connects people around the world, empowering them to buy and sell online by providing the Internet platform of choice for global commerce.
eBay’s Corporate Development team is responsible for sourcing, evaluating, executing and integrating the company’s strategic acquisitions, strategic partnerships, investments, and divestitures.
The role of the team is to:
- Align M&A strategy with overall eBay strategy and set clear prioritization
- Do deals that are strategic to the company, create value and are thoroughly explored through analysis and due diligence
- Ensure targets are well prepared for integration to achieve strategic objectives
- Deploy best in class processes to efficiently and effectively complete transactions
The team works closely with eBay’s CEO, CFO, CTO and business and operational leaders to enable go/no-go decision-making for potential inorganic growth opportunities. The team is responsible for developing unique market insights and strong industry & venture capital relationships to proactively identify the most attractive M&A, strategic partnership and investment opportunities. The team consistently assesses opportunities to ensure a strong strategic rationale, makes the case for buying vs. building vs. partnering, aligns the organizational fit and integration plan, develops the business case including synergies, performs valuation, drives structure, negotiates and executes transactions.
The Manager position offers a fantastic opportunity to drive end-to end M&A transactions across different businesses within eBay. The Manager will lead strategic and financial analysis, identify and evaluate opportunities within our core strategic priorities, coordinate diligence, prepare and deliver presentations across teams and support deal negotiations. This is an impactful role with high visibility within eBay.
- Developing and implementing decision-making frameworks for evaluation of acquisitions, strategic partnerships and investment opportunities
- Supporting senior leaders in driving consensus on complex strategic questions with engagement from senior management, business cross-functional and cross-regional teams
- Preparing executive-ready presentations with strategic framing, analysis, and recommendations
- Developing insightful analysis of key industry trends (technology, competitors, consumers, regulatory, etc.) and inform the organization of their strategic implications
- Identifying and evaluating potential acquisition or investment opportunities in conjunction with the business and product teams
- Conducting rigorous valuation analyses (using multiple methodologies) and business/integration case modeling to evaluate and recommend transaction opportunities
- Quarter-backing due diligence for potential targets and evaluating due diligence results
- Facilitating and managing acquisition and investment processes with cross-functional groups that involve members from our business units as well as eBay’s functional groups such as Finance, Tax, Accounting, Legal and Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of relevant work experience at a top-tier investment bank, corporate development team, private equity or venture capital firm
- Self-motivated and highly organized; commitment to delivering consistently accurate and high-quality work product
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team and with people in other functions and to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Strong project management skills including ability to multi-task and drive multiple end-to-end projects simultaneously
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in each of investment banking and corporate development
- Exposure to consumer internet or e-commerce business models
- Familiarity with eBay, with experience buying and selling on eBay
- Strong conviction with demonstrated ability to influence people outside of the immediate team
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: