Data Services SWE-Flex U.S. LocationsSan Jose, California
New York, New York
Draper, Utah Requisition Number R0037807 Subsidiary eBay
**eBay is looking for experienced Software Engineers for our Data Services & Solutions Team (DSS), location flexible in U.S.**
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
Are you interested in data insights powering business/product and driving values? Are you passionate about building solutions for big data processing and delivering for better engineering efficiency? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment, be part of an outstanding team making an impact on a global eCommerce platform?
If so, look no further, eBay San Jose is the right place for you! Take your career to the next level, come join our team and play a part driving the next generation data services and solutions at eBay, enables billions in global connected e-commerce. As a valued member of the team at eBay that generates data insights to power product experiences and builds innovative data engineering solutions, you will make important contributions.
People in the team are friendly, highly motivated, and driven. Our team tries to maintain a work climate of integrity, innovation, career growth, and fun. We provide you with the best opportunity to work in a results-oriented and fast-moving environment.
- Work on end to end engineering solutions with regard to data processing and data delivery and integration, including data processing job/pipeline tool suite, batch framework and platform, micro-service framework and platform.
- Work on data insights for product experience across eBay selling, buying and marketing, driving business values.
- Standout colleague, fully embrace the value of collaboration
- Doer and deliverer
- Outstanding problem solving approach/skills
- Experience in standard methodology of good code, have good sense of design
- Understand the value of engineering processes
- Passionate about powering business/products by data
- Passionate about building engineering solutions for efficiency.
- 3+ years of experience in JVM language based software development, experience in Python is a plus.
- Hands on experience on Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Storm
- Phenomenal knowledge of SQL engine on Flink, Spark, Beam or SQL databases.
- Good knowledge of cloud technologies and distributed systems
- Experience in developing extensions for any or some among Zeppelin Notebook, Jupyter Notebook, Flink, Spark, Beam will be a huge plus.
- Knowledge and experience in large scale micro-service system is a plus
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: