Dir, International Tax ReportingSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0037057 Subsidiary eBay
We are a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team crafting the future of global commerce! Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of!
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection.
As part of the Global Tax Operations team, the Director of International Tax Reporting and Compliance will have responsibility for providing US international tax accounting and compliance oversight and direction related to our 120+ foreign entities, as well as working with the international tax and accounting teams to meet the global accounting and compliance obligations of our foreign entities.
You will be a critical part of a world-class international tax operations team, collaborating closely with tax planning and tax business unit leaders to support and operationalize tax and business strategies.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of 2 direct reports and additional support staff, as needed
- Direct the preparation, maintenance and review of documentation supporting the tax implications of our foreign operations on the provision and tax return, including subpart F inclusions, GILTI, FDII, foreign tax credits, tax basis, etc.
- Oversee global co-sourced or outsourced compliance engagements
- Ensure timely, complete and well-documented foreign tax provision and compliance data, and effectively communicate results to tax and finance leadership
- Track deferred taxes on non-US earnings
- Handle relationship with external auditors for all international income tax accounting matters
- Work closely with the consolidated tax provision team to establish and maintain an effective control environment over international tax reporting
- Support research and planning, provision and controversy functions, including maintenance of tax basis, earnings and profits, and foreign taxes
- Support the planning and treasury groups on income tax forecasting and budgeting related to our international operations and implications of foreign exchange movements on equity and income tax accounts
- Track current and forecast global tax payments to enable treasury to implement appropriate cash management and hedging strategies.
- Develop and mentor direct reports and other members of the Tax Department
What You'll Need
- Deep expertise in US taxation of global entities, especially related accounting rules and principles
- Certified Public Accountant or JD
- Preferably 10+ years’ equivalent industry or Big Four tax experience in US international tax accounting and reporting
- Outstanding interpersonal/communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills, and ability to lead change
- Broad strategic and tactical business expertise
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong organization skills, including ability to work practically and effectively
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the projects you work on
- Drive for results - biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Willingness to embrace technology
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
- Positive attitude, a real culture builder and morale booster.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: