Director, Agency & CreativeSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0037240
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay—a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The North America Marketing team is responsible for working with business partners across the US to develop, execute and optimize marketing strategies and campaigns for both owned and paid channels. We are a nimble, professional team responsible for activating significant elements of the eBay US strategy across key customer segments – including active and lapsed buyers, and consumer sellers – as well as acquisition targets.
As the Director, Agency & Creative you will have ownership of the following:
- Agency Relationship Management: Responsible for both day-to-day oversight of our key agency relationships (creative, media, etc.) as well as active engagement with Procurement on contractual/structural issues. Think strategically about evolving our agency relationships: forward looking assessments of future requirements re: agency mix, value-for-money, efficiency/delivery pacing, etc.
- Creative oversight:
- Oversight and management of the in-house creative team (5 AWFs); oversight of creative allocation against internal vs. external resources for maximum efficiency, quality, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that day-to-day creative adheres to brand and regional guidelines; final creative approver. Additionally, responsible for the agency feedback loop.
- Creative Strategy: Responsible for actively evolving eBay US’s creative look and feel (guidelines, templates, etc.) to ensure that we are maximizing customer engagement, messaging clarity, etc.; leadership of creative approach for key NA strategic priorities so as to convey key value propositions to buyers.
- Social Media: Leadership of the organic social media team so as to drive consumer engagement while also supporting key NA strategic priorities.
- US Marketing Leader: As one of two directors on the US Marketing team, this role will be expected to provide leadership support for the full NA marketing team as well as act as a thought partner for the Sr. Dir. of Marketing, particularly on issues relating to people/team management, and marketing strategy. The incumbent will also be asked to act as proxy for the Sr. Dir. of Marketing and represent the function at the executive level.
10-12+ yrs experience in the following
- Brand and content strategy: Has previously worked with consumer brands to develop and optimize creative strategies.
- Deep expertise in brand marketing, marketing strategy, digital marketing; experience gained in a competitive retail, national brand or multi-unit service business preferred. Expert-level understanding of marketing channels, including social media.
- Experience in both industry and agency settings; prior agency management an asset
- Team management and leadership development required.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to establish priorities, structure projects, and manage expectations across multiple clients (internal and external); ability to operate independently with minimal guidance
- Seniority/executive presence; ability to efficiently/effectively navigate a matrixed organization (as well as our agency relationships). Ability to present to all levels of the organization (including C-suite) and also achieve outcomes via influence.
- Expertise in integrating qualitative, quantitative, and analytics approaches; experience using research and data to inform communication strategy.
- Maintains an entrepreneurial spirit and is innovative by nature
- Approaches complex issues with intellectual rigor and good judgement
- Clear and concise communicator both verbally and in writing
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: