Director, Buyer Risk ManagementSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0031528 Subsidiary eBay
Do you want to be part of a purpose driven community, dedicated to creating a bold and versatile work environment? With eBay Payments, you can be an integral member of our growing organization that inspires passion, courage and inventiveness. You will be involved in crafting the future of global commerce and making a meaningful, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you are looking for a special place to take your Payments career to the next level, we want to talk with you!
Risk Management is at the core of Payments done well – and we are hiring curious, driven, and courageous experts to transform our business unit and enable eBay's next generation Payments strategy. Our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for buyers and sellers who transact with us every single day. The scope of our charter includes Buyer Risk Management which is responsible for threat identification and the manipulation as it relates to the Buyer and the payment method that is being used for completing the purchase.
As a Director for Buyer Risk Management, you will play a critical role in creatively developing a risk-based approach to handling our Buyers' funding instrument, including managing the wallet of the users and developing a waterfall based on the risk associated to the transactions and account. Your primary responsibility will be to plan, evaluate, and manage the day-to-day operations and performance of the team as they engage in activities focused on optimizing buyer experience as it relates to assessing transaction risk authorization and fraud mitigation; and processing customer requests as they pertain to billing and usage. You will also be responsible for developing a clear strategy for tackling fraud for stolen credit cards, chargebacks and collusion and systematically defining key aspects of the buyer experience, spanning browsing, checkout, returns, etc.Your ability to apply superior analytical and problem-solving skills to complex problems, train and develop others to do the same, and build a productive and effective team will be your best allies on the road to success. You will also be leading global teams that are executing on our risk management vision.
- Lead the development of Buyer risk management strategy and define a market-specific approach
- Develop and implement transaction authorization with a clear plan to detect and mitigate fraud while understanding false positive impact and enabling business growth, and processing within a safe and secure environment
- Encourage the creation of a differentiated experience and user account utilizing an internal risk-based approach model to help maximize customer experience
- Create premier customer journeys for customers shopping on eBay that minimize our buyers' & sellers', exposure to fraud related loss
- Own performance of key Buyer risk metrics; oversee regular reporting on key risk trends and indicators to surface potentially fraudulent activity to key stakeholders
- Responsible for monitoring and ongoing risk assessment of Buyer portfolio
- Build repeatable, scalable processes that ensure policies are consistently implemented and verified to expected standards
- Establish effective cross-functional relationships with our segment leads and peers across analytics, product, trust, engineering, finance and marketing organizations to influence the strategic direction and cross-functional prioritization of supporting systems
- You have a deep understanding of risk management in multiple areas: stolen financials, return abuse, chargebacks, collusion risk, etc.
- You are a policy leader that facilitates cross-functional work, driving rationalization and efficiencies across teams
- You enable highly scalable, global risk management policies as is related to the customer security strategically taking on user identity and fraud
- You are an authority on policy documentation and optimization at a global level, with strong knowledge of industry benchmarks and standard methodologies.
- Ability to ingest and succinctly communicate ideas & recommendations, orally and in writing, to an array of audiences
- Demonstrate strategic results, from vision through planning & execution, within the data sciences domain
- You have proven facilitation skills and a consistent track record of change implementation across multiple teams
- You possess excellent problems solving skills. You are able to tap into a wide range of previous experience, internal and external technologies, and advanced concepts to solve complex, and sometimes conflicting, business objectives
- You bring with you a consistent history of collaborating across complex organizations to become a trusted advisor. You provide thought leadership to help teams balance near term and long-range plans to achieve corporate objectives
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely different backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every day. We aim to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: