Director International Tax OperationsSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0025297
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection.
The Director of International Tax Operations will have responsibility for the US accounting and reporting of income taxes related to our 120+ foreign entities. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing US international tax accounting and compliance oversight and direction, as well as working with the international team to meet the global accounting and compliance obligations of our foreign entities.
The Director of International Tax Operations will work cross functionally and across teams to build a world-class international tax operations team, collaborating closely with tax planning and tax business unit leaders to support and operationalize tax planning and business strategies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a team of 2 direct reports, and influence and mentor other tax operations staff
- Direct the preparation, maintenance and review of documentation supporting the tax implications of our foreign operations on the provision and tax return, including subpart F inclusions, GILTI, FDII, foreign tax credits, tax basis, etc
- Oversee global co-sourced or outsourced compliance engagements
- Collaborate with international tax team to ensure timely, complete and well-documented foreign tax provision and compliance data, and effectively communicate results to tax and finance leadership
- Support the tax planning and tax business unit leaders by providing relevant and timely insights into our international operations
- Support the planning and treasury groups on income tax forecasting and budgeting related to our international operations and implications of foreign exchange movements on equity and income tax accounts
- Assist in the analysis and computation of estimated income tax payments
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Tax and Finance Departments to identify and implement best-in-class practices and processes
- Develop and mentor direct reports and other members of the Tax Department
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Deep expertise in US taxation of global entities, especially related accounting rules and principles
- Certified Public Accountant
- Preferably 10+ years’ equivalent industry or Big Four tax experience in US international tax accounting and reporting
- Outstanding interpersonal/communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills, and ability to lead change
- Broad strategic and tactical business expertise
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong organization skills, including ability to work practically and effectively
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the projects you work on
- Drive for results - biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Willingness to embrace technology
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
- Positive attitude, a real culture builder and morale booster.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: