Director of ComplianceSan Jose, California Requisition Number R0028029 Subsidiary eBay
At eBay, you will be part of a purpose driven community dedicated to creating a dynamic and versatile work environment. In eBay Compliance, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage and inventiveness. You will create the future of global commerce and make an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world. If you're searching for a special place to take your career to the next level, let's talk!
As eBay moves into inter-mediating payments on the Marketplaces platform, eBay is developing a global compliance operations program to ensure that the company follows regulatory requirements and at the same time successfully deliver great experiences for our buyers and sellers.
You will be the architect of the global compliance operations program, the Leader who is passionate about eBay and its customers and looking to drive significant change and process improvements to our payments landscape. You will have experience in e-commerce and/ or payments with a history of leading large & complex change across an organisation.
In this global leadership role, you will be responsible for managing eBay’s payments compliance operations team with a focus on sanctions screening. The scope includes eBay’s core platform and eBay’s adjacent businesses. As a seasoned leader of an operations function, you will be responsible for defining an execution strategy that includes organizational and process design, third party management, and working cross-functionality with your business partners. We are looking for a leader with strong operational compliance experience, preferably in a regulated environment. Being part of the Global Billing and Payments leadership team, you will deliver against process critical metrics, streamline existing business processes, understand business risk, adhere to policy guidelines, and have the opportunity to lead an extraordinary team. Responsibilities & Scope
- Organizational and budgetary responsibility for the global compliance operations team
- Ensuring company operations meet compliance responsibilities including both external regulatory requirements (SOX, AML, Sanctions Screening) and internal corporate policies.
- Ownership of the compliance operations strategy (process design, system architecture, standard operating procedures)
- Management of third parties providing operational services (partner selection, process design, day to day management, auditing)
- Continuous optimization of compliance operations processes partnering with eBay’s legal, technology and customer support teams Skills needed (Competencies)
- Deep understanding of the international compliance framework on sanctions screening, Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money-Laundering (AML) including the relevant operational procedures, technology, third party service providers to ensure compliance
- Effective leader who can work globally and effectively in a matrix organization
- Outstanding focus on execution, analytical mind-set, and a real passion for operational excellence
- Strong people management skills
- Strong combination of attention to detail and long term strategic vision
- Enthusiastic communicator with strong negotiation skills
- At least 10 years of leadership experience in a global environment
- Proven track record in the financial, banking or payments area
- University degree in legal, finance, business or mathematics
- Proven experience leading an operations function as well as delivering against operational excellence, initiatives, preferably in a regulated (sanctions screening, KYC, AML) environment
- Be a dynamic multi-tasker, capable of supporting multiple work streams across the Payments space
- Strong collaboration and partnership capabilities
- Ability to lead through conflict and work with multiple partners, at all levels
- Strong people management skills with experience successfully delivering complex projects
- Executive-level presentation skills and an ability to communicate at all levels of our business
- Great supporter of eBay’s cultural diversity
- Enjoys working in a global set up
- Ability to influence and motivate across boundaries
- Positive attitude and ability to get things done thinking creatively
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: