Director, Payments StrategySan Jose, California Requisition Number R0013031 Subsidiary eBay
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Strategy and Planning Lead will be a key member of the Payments team partnering with a cross functional team to help develop and champion our payments strategy as well as drive high priority projects across the team as we develop and execute on our plan. Working with teams across the globe, this role will provide hands-on leadership to help design, prioritize, and implement strategy to help payments scale. We’re looking for someone who can set a vision and can solve problems from 30,000 feet as well as dive deep into the details. The candidate should be able to articulate issues that have the largest impact on the business, deliver on qualitative and data driven analysis to propose solutions and manage overall projects. Successful candidates should be quick learners, strategic thinkers, team leaders, problem solvers, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. This role is heavily cross-functional and ideal for candidates who enjoy defining and building new businesses and getting deeply involved in tactics and execution.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Vision: Work closely with payments leadership to determine how payments fits into overall eBay strategy
- Execution: Help to identify what we should do when, what success looks like and ensure on time and quality delivery
- Thought Leadership: Understand the payments landscape globally and partner with regional business leads to understand their market and business needs to define a focused strategy and align priorities
- Program/Project Management: Be a dynamic multi-tasker, supporting multiple initiatives. You’ll be the go to person for many key initiatives across key teams within Payments and beyond as we develop and execute our plan
- Builder: You will not only conceive of new initiatives, but will play a leadership role in driving the execution
- Process improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep our teams as efficient as possible
- Build Relationships: Interface with other functional areas to ensure we are bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
12+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience plus high-growth operations or startup experience
Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
Self starter - investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role.
A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the projects you work on
Drive for results - biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
Exceptional analytics & data management skills
View accessibility info here
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.